12. Hot guys are the worst

It took all four of us to hold back the homicidal satyr

"Whoa, Coach!" Jason said. "Bring it down a few notches." As younger man charged into the room. I took a guess and assumed he was Lit, the old guy's son. He was dressed in pyjama pants with a sleeveless T-shirt that said cornhuskers, and he held a sword that looked like it could husk a lot of things besides corn. His ripped arms were covered in scars, and his face, framed by curly dark hair, I would've swooned if I wasn't trying to stop Hedge from committing first-degree murder.

Lit immediately zeroed in on Jason like he was the biggest threat, and stalked toward him, swinging his sword overhead. Rude.

"Hold on!" Piper stepped forward, trying for her best calming voice. "This is just a misunderstanding! Everything's fine."

Lit stopped in his tracks, but he still looked wary. It didn't help that Hedge was screaming, "I'll get them! Don't worry!"

"Coach," Jason pleaded, "they may be friendly. Besides, we're trespassing in their house."

"Jason! You don't just admit to the crime." I smacked the back of his head and he glared at me.

"Thank you!" said the old man in the bathrobe. "Now, who are you, and why are you here?"

"Let's all put our weapons down," Piper said. "Coach, you first."

Hedge clenched his jaw. "Just one thwack?"

"No," Piper said.

"Aww, come on Piper, let him have just one thwack." I laughed and Coach nodded in agreement.

"What about a compromise? I'll kill them first, and if it turns out they were friendly, I'll apologize."

"No!" Piper insisted.

"Meh." Coach Hedge lowered his club.

Piper gave Lit a friendly sorry-about-that smile but Lit was staring at me.

Lit huffed and sheathed his sword. "You speak well, girl—fortunately for your friends, or I would've run them through."

"Hey! Watch it, cornhusker!" Lit look like he'd had an epiphany.

"Ha! Castellan!" I stared at him blankly.

"What's a Castellan?" I asked feeling very uncomfortable.

"Castellan.. you know the guy? You look just like him." Lit seemed confused that I had no idea what he was talking about.

Everyone looked between me and Lit confused. Coach was the first to break the silence. "TRAITOR!" He tried to charge me but Leo and Jason stopped him.

I scowled but clenched my jaw and said nothing, I was pretty sure that this wasn't the first time I'd been called a traitor and I knew it wouldn't be the last.

There was an awkward silence which Lit spent staring at me.

The old man in the bathrobe sighed, kicking the teapot that Coach Hedge had smashed. "Well, since you're here. Please, sit down."