21. The full story

Never travel Hera airways

Never travel Hera airways. It won't end well.

Hera waved Jason's question aside and completely ignored me. "Storm spirits are creatures of chaos. I did not destroy that one, though I have no idea where he went, or whether you'll see him again. But there is an easier way home for you. As you have done me a great service, so I can help you—at least this once. Farewell, demigods, for now."

The world turned upside down, and I almost blacked out.

When I could see straight again, I was back at camp, in the dining pavilion, in the middle of dinner. We were standing on the Aphrodite cabin's table, and I collapsed.

For once when I slept I was completely undisturbed. "Hey... hey Li!"

Seriously! The darkness became a living room with the god of war sat on the sofa sipping tea. When I looked around I realised it was my old house.

The Castellan 'family' home.

"You took on a giant. Ha! 'Silent death, saviour of Rome. Wherever I go death follows and trust me when I say death is coming for you, Porphyion!'. Very good!" Mars clapped. As I stared at him curiously.

"You're my great great grandad?" I questioned and Mars' smiled dimmed slightly. "Yes but my blood is more prominent in you then your brother. The Greek overpowered the Roman but you! You're a pure and true Roman! Just like me."

I was still confused but I just nodded. "Why don't I have your Mark?"

Mars raised him eyebrows questionably. "You don't? Oh, yes well, I sort of forgot to let you know." He shrugged.

"Did you need something?" I asked but Mars again just shrugged. "Can't I just visit my favourite granddaughter?"

I scowled. "No."

Mars shrugged. "Fine! I've come to show you the full story." Mars stood and placed his hand on her forehead.

Here we go again.

I was standing on Mount Tam. Fear. Pure terror coursed through my veins. In shaking hands my held a bloody dagger.

"Wow! I never thought you'd actually do it." A shaky voice said.

A boy, tall with tan skin like he had been working on a beach all day, let out a dry chuckle. "My sweet Delilah, how could you do this?"

I wasn't really listening. I was looking at the blood soaking the front of his light blue shirt.

I had done this for my people. For Rome.

It wasn't just my hands that were bloody but my arms as well as my jeans. I was head to toe covered in blood. Bodies were scattered all around.

He had killed them. My comrades. Children. They were Romans like me.

"Lila!" The boy screamed. He was now on floor his blood pooling around him.

"You did this. All we wanted was a better world and you butchered us for it! And for who the god's, they don't care about us! You are a monster Delilah Castellan. A true monster,"

I stumbled backwards shaking my head. "No..." I said weakly.

"You did this. You betrayed us all, you betrayed me!" I sobbed. "This is your fault, not mine."

The boy glared. "YES! You lied! You said you loved me and then you stuck a dagger in my gut. I would have never done that to you. I promised to give you the world but you wouldn't let me."

I sobbed. "Henry... I-I'm so sorry." The boys eyes fluttered shut and finally lost control. I dropped to my knees and let out a cry of dispare. I did this, I killed the boy I loved. I killed these children. I was a monster.

I continued to sob until I was pulled into someone's chest. "Shh... it's going to be okay... you'll be okay." It was Reyna. "You saved us. You're a hero... you avenged them"

I nodded still crying. I knew it had to be done but I loved him with my entire heart and he broke her. "For... Rome." I shakily.

Reyna led me away from the massacre. Dead bodies were scattered all around. When Reyna and I appeared everyone began to cheer. Jason ran towards us and pulled me into a tight hug.

I looked at Mars. "For Rome." He said simply. I nodded knowing exactly what he meant.

"Can I sleep now, Grandpa?" I smirked slightly.

"Don't call me that." Mars glared.

Immediately I was woken up.

"Asshole." I grumbled. I was in a blinding white room that looked suspiciously like a hospital. I had a horrible feeling that I wasn't going to be allowed to go back to sleep. "This is going to be fun."

A/N

This is just a filler short chapter

Hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think!