8. Dreams and monsters

I couldn't relax until I was as far away from Quebec as humanly possible

I threatened a goddess.

"You were amazing," Jason told Piper. Piper and I had swapped places. I had claimed it was so I could help Leo with directions but really it was so Jiper could have some private time sort of.

Evil things are stirring, Zethes had warned us.

There was a pounding in my head like criminals trying to break out of jail. When finally it got too painful incoherent visions began to plague my mind. Always the same Leo in a fiery explosion and for some reason a voice in my head repeated the same words over and over again 'We must protect him from his fate.'

"Hey," he said, "you saved me from joining Khione's subzero hero collection. I owe you one." I heard Jason say to Piper making me push the pain away as best I could.

Everything seemed too easy. Why had Borers changed form? Why did I know him better in his Roman form? Why was I so confident I could kill Khione?

Leo passed back some sandwiches. he'd been quiet since we left the ice lair. "Trust me, man," Jason said. "Snow may be pretty, but up close it's cold and nasty. We'll find you a better prom date."

"If we don't find you anyone suitable I'll be your prom date." LilIa said patting Leo's shoulder but he didn't look pleased and his mood seemed to be affecting Festus, who grumbled and steamed as he tried to keep himself warm in the cold Canadian air. Happy the Dragon was not so happy.

we ate our sandwiches as we flew. I didn't know how or where Leo got the sandwiches but they were amazing. Grilled chicken with lettuce and hot sauce was the new love of my life.

Nobody talked. Whatever we might find in Chicago, we all knew Boreas had only let us go because he figured they were already on a suicide mission.

The moon rose and stars turned overhead. my eyes started to feel heavy.

Now that I had a full stomach, my adrenaline was fading and I was scared.

Not of khione or dirt woman but of myself, of the blood on my hands.

Don't cry kiddo. A voice in my head said. You did great.

Before I knew it I was asleep. A tall man stood in front of me. His face was full of scars, his hair was cropped short. "Mars." I whispered.

The man, the god looked up and nodded at me. "Kid, good to see ya."

I just stared up at the god of war.

"Look Li, we haven't got much time and I'm not really supposed to be here," I had a thousand questions but knew better than to interrupt. "You'll get some of your memories back before the blonde boy, I don't know why but your dad said it has something to do with the cures. They'll keep coming back in fragments and only Hera can give you the full picture," His form flickered for a moment when he said Hera's name.

"Don't lose it, Kid. The dreams don't show the full story. Any questions?" He raised an eyebrow at my blank expression.

"What did Boreas mean when he said my soul is drenched in blood and my demons will eat me alive?"

Mars sighed loudly. "Well, I walked into that one. Here." He placed his hand on my head and my eyes rolled back.

I was standing on a mountain. Fear. Pure terror coursed through my veins. In shaking hands, I held a bloody dagger. "Wow! I never thought you'd actually do it." A shaky voice said.

A boy, tall with tan skin like he had been working on a beach all day let out a dry chuckle. "My sweet Delilah, how could you do this?"

I wasn't really listening. I was looking at the blood soaking the front of his light blue shirt.

It wasn't just my hands that were bloody but my arms as well as my jeans. I was head to toe covered in blood. Bodies were scattered all around. Children. They were all children just like me.

"Lila!" The boy screamed. He was now on the floor his blood pooling around him.

"You did this. All we wanted was a better world and you butchered us for it! And for who the god's, they don't care about us! You are a monster Delilah. A true monster,"

I stumbled backwards shaking my head. "No..." I said weakly.

The boy glared. "YES! You lied! You said you loved me and then you stuck a dagger in my gut. I would have never done that to you. I promised to give you the world but you wouldn't let me."

I sobbed. "Henry... I-I'm so sorry." T

The boys eyes fluttered shut and I finally lost control. I dropped to my knees and let out a cry of despair. I did this I killed the boy I loved all. I killed these children. I was a monster.

The vision ended and I stood in front of Mars crying my eyes out. "That wasn't the whole story Li I can't be the one to give you the full story. Wake up and do not tell anyone about this conversation. Do you understand?"

I just nodded feeling numb to the world.

AN

This is just a filler chapter, let me know what you think. Hope you like 💕