Chapter 29

Song~~ 'Latch' by Sam Smith
*********************************

It’s an hour before midnight and the party is in full swing. Cassie and I are in the middle of playing beer pong and she’s stomping my ass. I can most definitely feel the alcohol by now and everyone is having a good time. 

I hear ‘Latch’ by Sam Smith blast through the speakers so I stop what I’m doing and walk up to Cas. I sway to the music with a huge smile on my face and grab her hands while we dance to the beat. 

She spins me around then grabs me to dip me back slightly before bringing me back up, I spin away then spin back in her arms again. I do the same with her then we both hold on to each other when he says ‘I’m latching onto you’. 

We do this the whole song but just before the song ends I feel warm hands on my hips and warm breath on my neck. I smile and sway along to the music while I indulge in the warmth spreading through my body. I’m sure the fact that the alcohol is making me a little horny isn’t helping. 

I start to feel hot dry lips touch my neck and suddenly everything feels wrong. Something is definitely wrong! I swallow hard before I rip this imposter's hands off me when I see Brody turn around a walk away mad. 

When I look up to see a smirking Austin my anger immediately takes over and I slowly curl my fingers into my palm with a menacing smile on my face. Without warning I swing my fist around hard and fast into Austin’s smirking mouth. 

POW!  “Ahhh, you crazy bitch!” He says angrily with his hand over his busted mouth, blood oozing from the corner of his frowning lips.

Oh no he didn’t!

There’s a pressure point just above the armpit, between the arm and shoulder called the brachial plexus. I’ve practiced it countless times and have successfully mastered this move on the boys.

I quickly grab his right arm and hold it out with my left while I use my right arm to punch him as hard as I can in his brachial plexus. This causes him to fall to his knees in pain then I grab the pressure point on his shoulder to bring him lower so his hands are on the floor. 

“Who’s the bitch now?” I spit out once he's on all fours then shove him down. 

“Get out before we throw you out!” I say with my arms crossed, already knowing my boys are standing behind me...well all but one. 

I need to find him now!

“Where did he go?” I looked at Jamie and Jake desperately, hoping they saw which way he ran off to. 

“I saw him run outside. Don’t know where he went from there but-” As soon as J said outside I was already walking away. 

“A! Wait!” I faintly hear him say as I stomp away in a hurry to get this all sorted out before midnight. I don’t care what he has to say, I just need to hurry.

I take a quick glance at the clock on the living room wall on my way out the door and away from the noisy crowd.  Unfortunately I only have thirty minutes...ahhhh!   

I walk out into the crisp cold air and immediately hug myself in a failed attempt to stay warm. Stupid girl, why didn’t you put on a jacket!?!

I don’t have time to waste my thoughts on me being cold when Brody is upset over a misunderstanding. I continue to run my hands up and down my arms to stay warm as I walk around the side of the house. 

Now I’m thinking I should have changed my shoes too… Ugh where are you, BB?

“BB? Are you out here?” I yell out hoping he might be close enough to have heard.