Chapter 10

Gif of Brody

Song~~ 'Oceans' Martin Garrix ft. Khalid
****************************************

I wake up the next morning and pull my covers over my head to block the blinding sun. As soon as I realized it’s actually morning I grabbed my phone to check for missed calls or messages.

I fell asleep last night waiting for Brody to call or text after the dinner but he never did. I look through my phone and nothing. Hmm..that’s weird! I decide to call him to make sure everything went alright.

*Ring* *Ring*

“Hello.” I hear his groggy sexy morning voice.

“Mmmm..that sound will never get old. Good morning sexy!” I tell him with a huge smile on my face. I step out on my patio and sit at my table. 

“Mmm..good morning to you too, My Beautiful Angel!” He says and I can hear the smile in his voice.

“How did you sleep?” I ask trying not to bring up the fact he never called.

“Not great, I just fell asleep oh..” He pauses for a second “about two hours ago. I haven’t had much sleep yet.” He says with no humor or playfulness in his voice at all.

“What? Why were you up all night?” I say curiously.

“Let’s just say the dinner did not go well and I’m not talking to my parents right now.” He sounds pissed off yet heartbroken at the same time.

“Why? What happened?” I ask worried, he's never shut his parents out before. Then my stomach sinks when I remember what the dinner was about in the first place and I start to cry instantly.

“No, no, no, no! Don’t tell me..” I stop talking as my hand flies to my mouth in disbelief then see him open his window suddenly. We both hang up and just stare at each other a moment in silence as tears fall from our eyes.

“I won’t leave you Angel. I’ll figure something out! They can’t take me away from you.” He says desperately, not caring how many tears run down his face.

“How long?” I whisper

“What?” He asks confused.

“How long will you be gone?” My cracked emotional voice gets a little louder, my tears won’t stop either as I just ignore them.

“I’m not going anywhere. They can’t make me.” He shakes his head trying to get me to understand but what he doesn’t understand is that they can make him because he just turned seventeen and has to live with them another year anyway. 

“Did your dad accept the job?” 

“Yes but like I said-” When he says that I cut him off angrily.

“When?” He looks at me startled.

“I told you-”

“WHEN, Brody, when are you leaving?” I snap because we both know that no matter how much he fights them he has to go.

“After school ends at the beginning of the summer.” He puts his head down in defeat.

“Are you kidding me? We don’t even get the summer together?” I fall to the ground and start to sob now.

“Oh, Angel! Please don't cry!” How can I not? The love of my life is leaving for a year, so much can change in such little time.

"Where are you going?" I sniffle out.

"Brazil.." He says with his head down.

“What!?! You're moving to another country and we only have a couple months left.” I say with my head down in defeat like his. I wipe my tears away and stand up.