Chapter 5

Song~~ 'Miracle' CHVRCHES
*******************************

Few months later

It's been a few months since Cindy and Brody broke up and he still won't tell me why, when I ask the boys they say they don't know but look suspicious. When I try to talk to Brody about it he just says they had a disagreement about something so she broke up with him. I notice he tells me everything about him but when it comes to girls, he never talks about any crushes or anything.

I hope he says something when the time comes so I'll know who to watch out for. Jake and Jamie are always talking about girls but nope not Brody he just says he's good without a girlfriend.

I've been in the living room watching tv for the last three hours, it's ten pm and I can hear the boys upstairs yelling at the video game they're playing. For a Saturday night you'd think I'd be hanging out with Cassie or something but no, I'm bored...all by myself. I sigh then turn the tv off.

I guess I'll just take a shower and go to bed. I think to myself

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I say out loud then look around to make sure no one heard me talk to myself.

Oh no, now I'm talking to myself. I walked up the stairs and passed Jake's room where the boys are still heavily throwing choice words at the people they're talking to on the game. I just shake my head and poke my head in.

"You guys are so weird when it comes to these stupid games. Quiet down and be nice!" I tell them then stick my tongue out when they both look at me for the two seconds they took their eyes off the game. Aww they must really love me if they gave me two seconds of their precious game time.

"Whatever, shut the door!" Jake says.

"But they're being mean, A!" Jamie whines covering his microphone so they don't hear him.

"Ok, fine but don't get too loud. I'm taking a shower then going to bed." I tell them like my mom while pointing my finger at them which is pointless because they won't take their eyes off the game.

"Yes ma'am." they both say at the same time, not once looking away from the tv.

"Hey, where's tweedle dee?" I say asking J where his twin is.

"We don't know. He said he was tired so I figured he's either in your room or went home." Jake added in with a shrug and Jamie just nodded in agreement.

"Ok, goodnight boys, love you." I say with a smile then walk out heading to my room.

"Goodnight, love you!" They both shout out as I walk away.

I get to my room and don't turn the light on in case Brody is asleep on my bed. I don't even look to see if he's there and just walk to my closet turning the light on. I look for my white long sleeve shirt that says 'Freedom' in hot pink letters then walk to my dresser to look for my hot pink yoga shorts and my Avengers underwear.

I know what you're thinking..Avengers underwear? Yes, they are actually comfortable and they make my butt look bigger. Of course I have regular girl 'panties' ugh, I hate the word panties. I don't know why but I don't say the word, I just say underwear.

I blame it on being around guys more than girls, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I quietly walk out of my room and when I do I glance up at my bed to see a sleeping Brody with his mouth partially open drooling on my pillow.

As gross as it sounds the sight brings a smile to my face and I hurry to the bathroom.

I take a quick shower compared to my brother, I'm not shaving yet since I'm only 11, so I don't take long. I don't understand what could take him so long every time he gets in the shower. Mom and dad say it's because he's a teenager now and they do that. Ok, weirdos, whatever that means.