Chapter 7

(Picture- young Alex and Brody)

Song~~ 'Here With Me' Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES
******************************

Hours later

It’s one hour until the party really starts and mostly everyone is here that I am expecting. I haven’t seen Brody since earlier which is weird since he’s always stuck to my hip every birthday for the last five years.

I look around and ask but no one has seen him or knows where he is, not even Jamie. Ok, now I suspect something. What’s going on here? Why won’t anyone tell me where he is? I hope he still makes it.

I decide to get my mind off of him and the awkward moments we shared earlier by walking around greeting everyone.

"Hey, thanks for coming guys!" I say hugging Susan and Kevin when they walk in the door.

"Wow! The boys said you were dressed different today but this is not what I expected! Look, Kev, our little girl is growing up!" Susan gushes to Kevin making us both laugh.

"I love you guys! Where's BB?" I say looking behind them, for some reason expecting him to show up with them at least. I hold back the tears when I realize he's not there, I put on my best smile instead.

"Oh sweetheart, we thought he was here already. We haven't seen him." Kevin says but almost looks like he's acting and is very bad at it may I add.

I just squint my eyes at him and nod slowly.

"Why is it no one has seen him since this morning?" I ask with what must look like worry on my face. I politely excuse myself and quickly walk to my room.

One hour later

Ok, now I’m starting to get mad and a little hurt that he isn’t here yet. The party has more than started since everyone got here thirty minutes ago. I turn around quickly about to run to the bathroom to cry when I slam into a body. 

“Oof! I’m so sorry.” I say looking down rubbing my forehead until I look up to see a pair of blue eyes sparkling at me. He runs his fingers through his combed back hair but one strand betrays him falling in front of his eyes. Hmm, you won’t hear me complain.

“Hey, Angel, you ok?” He said concerned, then grabbed my face with his hands to inspect my forehead that just slammed into his collar bone.

“Yep, yep I’m great! How are you?” I tell him, still trying to control my emotions. 

He’s dressed in dark blue jeans, a white tank top, blue and teal button up shirt that looks new, I'd know since I know everything he wears. I’m trying not to drool all over the floor as I try to speak but that was all I could think of. He looked so handsome I couldn’t take my eyes off him.

“Better, now that I’m here.” He gives me a hug then kisses my forehead. 

“I know I already said it this morning but Happy Birthday, My Angel!” he picks me up to spin me around a couple times. I squeal a little, drawing attention to us.

“Awww they are so cute!” 

“See what did I tell you guys!” 

“I see what you mean now. Look at them.” 

“That’s my boy!”

We hear the adults talking about us in the other room. We both roll our eyes and walk away. 

“Soo..what do you want to do first?” I say looking up at him in excitement.

“Do you want to dance?” He says making me look outside and hear one of my favorite songs playing so I grab his hand.