Chapter 8

Picture~ Alex

Song~~ 'Like Me Better' Lauv

One of my favorite songs...btw!
*********************************

4 years later

“No, J! He’s my boyfriend, I get to ride up front.” It’s the end of the school day and I’m arguing with Tweedle Dumb right now about who gets to ride up front in the twins’ new car. 

They have to share it until they can get another one but ever since they both got their license they’re both itching to drive. The last car they had didn’t last too long since Tweedle Dumb and Jake took it for a spin late one night and was hit by a drunk driver. They only had the car a couple months when it was wrecked.

Thankfully he and my brother were ok but the car was totaled. Susan and Kevin were just now able to get them a new car but they have to share it, so here we are. Jake has a decently used truck and dad told me I’ll get one by the time I’m seventeen. 

Brody and I have been dating the last four years now and I couldn’t be happier. It’s like when we were friends only better because I get to kiss him. I’m only sixteen so we haven’t done ‘the deed’ if you know what I mean but I know we’re both not quite ready yet.

We’ve come close too many times and had to stop ourselves. I’d say after four years we’re doing pretty good keeping our hands off each other. He was my first kiss so of course I want him to be my first everything.

“Ughhh, you always pull the ‘girlfriend’ card. It’s getting old, A!” Jamie looks at me with a bored look yet I see defeat in his eyes. 

“No,” I start to say then look at My Brody Bear. “It will never get old.” I wink at him and he smiles back at me.

I push Jamie to the side and jump in the front seat. 

“There..problem solved! Now get in losers!” I stick my tongue out at Jake and Jamie who just roll their eyes and get in.

“Aww you’re so damn cute when you’re demanding, Angel!” He winks at me making my insides melt like usual before he leans in for a quick peck on the lips. I wink back at him and click my tongue.

“Alright, let’s do this guys!” I say as we pull out of the school parking lot.

We drive to the mall across town to get something to eat and look around before we go home. As soon as we walk in we head straight to the food court because we’re all hungry and want to eat first.

"Hmm..what do I want?" I say thinking out loud making all three guys laugh out loud causing people to stare.

"More than likely one of everything since you love all food and can never decide." Jamie says making the boys laugh even harder. I punch each one of them making them laugh yet again even harder.

"Whatever, jerks!" I mumble with a sour face pout and my arms crossed.

"Aww, Angel we didn't mean to hurt your feelings but we all know you have a deep desire for food. I'm almost afraid to admit you might love it more than me...I get extremely jealous when you eat bananas!" He says then finishes with his eyebrows raised and that pretty boy grin.

"Ugh, you perv!" I laugh, slapping his arm away from me and covering his filthy mouth from saying anything else.

He breaks free and wraps me up sneaking behind me to grab me from behind. He carefully moves my hair to one side then buries his face in my exposed neck, breathing in deep like always. This sends the usual tingle and shiver I've gotten used to through every inch of my body.