Chapter 23

One week later

“What do you mean? I told you I support you 100%, J, if you’re happy then I’m happy for you!” I tell my bestie as he looks at the diamond ring in his hand. 

“Do you think she’ll say yes?” He looks at me worried until I give him an ‘are you kidding’ face. 

We’re both sitting in his car, fixing to head to the restaurant he’s going to propose to Britney at. I reach over to grab his hand, squeezing it for comfort. 

“Dude, she’s been obsessed with you since your first one night stand.” I say making us both laugh. 

“You’re right!” He says laughing then takes a deep breath before he pulls out of the driveway.

“Brody just texted me letting me know he and Jake have everything ready. They’re just waiting on you to get there, they’ve just picked her up so she’ll be there shortly after us.” After I tell J the good news he finally relaxes. 

We’re just about to turn the corner to the restaurant when we’re side swiped by a red truck. BOOM! Jamie’s little black car spins three or four times before it finally comes to a stop.

“ANGEL!! NOOO!” I faintly hear Brody scream then suddenly I’m pulled out of the car and in his arms.

“B-brody Bear!” I barely whisper with a smile then cough up blood. 

The involuntary movement caused intense pain to shoot through my stomach so I reached down to realize I have a huge gash causing a pool of blood to surround us.

“Shh, s-shh, don’t talk, Angel. Just stay with me. SOMEBODY CALL 911!!” he tells me gently before he yells desperately for help. 

“I-I love you, BB!” I tell him with a faint smile as the life drains out of me.

“No, no, no, no! Stay with me, Angel.” I frantically tells me as he tries to stop the blood from spilling out of my limp body. 

“BB, it’s s-so cold. Hold me!” I say through chattering teeth as a beautiful white light appears above us.

“It’s so b-beautiful! Look, BB.” I barely whisper and he just uses one hand to hold my face.

“I love you so much, My Angel!” He says then kisses me, I grab onto him with all the strength I have and kiss him for the last time as the last bit of light I have in me fades away.

“I l-love y-” My hands lose grip, my mouth no longer moves and my eyes never have time to fully close before the beautiful light takes me away. 

“Angel, noooo!” 

As soon as I hear Brody’s painful scream I wake up to the sound of Jake’s heart monitor flat lining.

“Everybody out please!” The doctor runs in with three nurses in a frantic hurry to save my brother's life.

“Nooo, Jake!” I scream as Brody picks me up from behind and attempts to pull me out of the room. 

“Nooo, let me go!” I say trying to get away from him. 

“He needs to hear my voice! Please let me stay, I promise I’ll stay out of the way. Just please let me stay!” I cry out making everyone stop for a moment then the doctor only gives me one nod. 

“Thank you, thank you so much!” I say as I finally start to calm down so Brody lets me go.

3 hours later