Chapter 6

Song~~ 'One Awkward Moment' Casting Crowns

I know the lyrics really don't have much to do with the chapter but I love Casting Crowns so I decided to share this beautiful song!

But, I can tell you right now...there will be more than 'One Awkward Moment' in this chapter. ;-)
***********************************************

Few weeks later

Oh, yeah it's finally February 13th! Today is my birthday and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me!

The boys like to give me a hard time about my birthday being the day before Valentine's Day but I usually just punch them which shuts them up quick. I've never thought it was special but I still don't like them making fun of me.

Two weeks ago we celebrated the twins birthday at Incredible Pizza. A place with an all you can eat buffet, video games, 3D Virtual Reality Rides and so much more. There’s even a small roller coaster in the building next to the bumper cars and mini golf. It’s always a blast there, they chose to go there every year their parents ask where they want their birthday. 

I get up and take a shower to start my day. I decided to look like a girl since I’m twelve now and feel like maybe it's time. I shrug my shoulders to myself when I look at myself in the mirror.

I lightly curled my long dark brown hair, applied a little mascara to make my green eyes stand out more, light blush and of course my strawberry peach chapstick. I put on the dress my mom bought me last month that was on sale ‘just in case’ she said.

I rolled my eyes at her when she first bought it but now that I see it on me and I see my new girly appearance in the mirror I’m actually surprised how much I look like a girl.

The dress is a dark teal cotton dress that flows to mid thigh. It has silver and multi teal colored gems going across the top and it has thick slightly off the shoulder straps. I love it!

It is so gorgeous and looks great on me. I pair it with a pair of silver flats I have and walk out of my room with my head held high with my ‘new look’ in  confidence. I get down the stairs to the kitchen and see my mom making my birthday breakfast.

“Morning, momma!” I say in a cheery excited voice. 

"Morning, birthday girl!" She hasn’t looked at me yet and replies while she continues to cook, flipping the pancakes perfectly.

We both hear loud gasps then look up to see my dad and Jake with shocked expressions on their faces. Mom looks over to see what they’re looking at and suddenly gasps in shock as well. 

“O-oh, my God! S-she is a girl!” Jake yells making dad chuckle but he still looks at his baby girl with admiration.

“Baby girl..” mom starts to say. “I-I don’t even know what to say right now.” Her eyes tear up.

“You look so beautiful, Alex!” My dad says in awe.

“I knew there was a little Princess in there somewhere.” He winks and walks around to mom who’s still speechless.

“What?” I look at Jake annoyed “I get it, you’re not used to this but I think it’s time I start acting like a girl. Well, I mean I’ll still play street hockey, games, play with the guys and stuff but just look like a girl.” I shrug more to myself then look at everyone with a straight face for a second then smile. 

“Okay?” I say firmly, they all just nod but don’t say anything.

Mom finally walks over to me and wraps me in a hug.