35. Yeah, Keep Dreamin' Sis, That Ain't Gonna Happen

Aaliyah was beautiful. 🥺 she died way too young :( also 700 reads? Thank y'all so much

Chapter Thirty Five

Because Aaliyah and Brandy had gotten a really crowded bus, they therefore couldn't really have talked to each other there.

They were now pretty much making their way to Amy Winehouse and Selena Quintanilla's twin birthday party after successfully shoplifting.

They didn't go there straight away though, Aaliyah had gone home to change.

She had to sneak in and she had to make everything quick.

She would have gone to the party directly but she was wearing a dress that hadn't even fit her in the first place so what was the point?

Aaliyah had asked her sister Lisa to cover for her as she had gone.

Speaking of Lisa, even though the dress didn't fit Aaliyah, it had fit Lisa.

Thank God for that too, because Aaliyah couldn't have gotten a refund on that stupid thing, most especially how she had accidentally removed the price tag.

"I can't believe we got away with that, sis!"

"We probably won't for long— that's why we gotta keep things lowkey," Brandy had assured her.

They were on the road leading to Amy and Selena's house, or more specifically mansion:

With the song No Diggity playing in the background through their very loud speakers.

I like the way you work it
No diggity
I gotta bag it up

There was also a huge pink sash saying:

In their mother's semi illegible handwriting

The writing was in red ink, and the sash was so flipping huge that even people could have seen it from several countries away. 

"Dang, sis! Look at the twins' house! Can't believe we ever got invited!"

Aaliyah had just pretty much stared at her friend blankly, but she didn't say anything else.

"What?" Brandy wanted to know.

"That's the thing," Aaliyah had whispered to her. "We didn't get invited. And apparently there's a guest list, which I didn't know about before. So we therefore gotta keep everything discreet."

How Brandy had gotten the invitation to go to the party even though she wasn't invited?

Easy.

Someone had dropped it at school and she picked it up.

"But don't we need to show the security guards the invitation to go inside?"

"Yeah, and be on the guest list. In case you somehow got an invitation without being invited— kinda like you for example."

There was a massive line right in front of them, and if the girls had to experience that then they had another thing coming.

By the time the line had died down, then the party would have already finished.

This was ridiculous.

The girls weren't staying in there, they had to do something.

"We've already shop lifted. Are you sure?"

Brandy wasn't taking no for an answer.

She was going to pretend that Aaliyah was Amy and Selena's cousin.

Her name was Stefani and the girls hadn't seen her in time.

Brandy had overheard them talking about her earlier, or more specifically:

Damn! I wish we could invite Stefani to our party! She's such a cool cousin! She lives too far away though.

What does she look like again? Amy had asked her sister on the bench the other day.

Brandy was talking to Lisa about something (Aaliyah was sick that say so therefore she couldn't have gone to school), but they had stopped behind a wall to hear their conversation.

I ain't seen her in so long that I forgot what that chica looked like.

Brown straight hair... really nice eyes... a really nice smile... very sweet!

"Like you, Aaliyah!"

Man, I wish I was invited to that party, Lisa had said to Brandy back then, behind the wall. But I can't be because both of them hate me.

Yeah, keep dreaming sis. That ain't gonna happen. But if you're not going then I won't either. They don't like me either.

Aaliyah had rolled her eyes when she had heard that, but she hadn't said anything else.

They needed to put this plan into action.

There was a spare guest list on the table in case one of the two security guards had lost theirs somehow.

Brandy was going to sneak back there and add

People we wish was on the guest list but couldn't make it

Our cousin Stefani

And hopefully it would have worked too.

"Hold up, if I'm Stefani then who will you be instead?"

"Her friend," Brandy smiled. "I didn't bring these sunglasses for nothing."

First they were shoplifting and now they were completely gatecrashing a party as well?

If they didn't get arrested after this then goodness knew what the heck was going on.