37. Strategy's My Name, Lying's My Game

Yeah this book's gonna be long, I figured it out... we talking about 45-60 chapters maybe? But the chapters aren't that long, so hope y'all can stick around.

Chapter Thirty Seven

Brandy and Aaliyah were stuck.

Or more specifically...

Stefani and Moesha were stuck.

They had just lied about their names to the security guard.

Stefani was allowed at the party because she was Amy and Selena's cousin although Moesha wasn't because she wasn't exactly on the guest list.

Apparently, the closest name in which they had to Moesha on the guest list was Kanisha, although her name had already been ticked off.

So she was at the party right now, having the ultimate time of her life.

Which was what Aaliyah and Brandy wanted to do, they just had to lie about everything strategically so that no one could have gotten suspicious.

What to do? What to do?

Stefani had just told the security guard, who had gone by the name of Kortez due to his name tag and everything that Amy and Selena had told her that she could have invited a friend.

Kortez didn't remember Selena telling him that, because he had talked to her about everything earlier and she didn't say that.

"Boy," Aaliyah laughed, whacking Kortez with her purse. "Please, just do me a lil favour and let my friend come in with me. I'm the birthday celebrants' cousin, for crying out loud!"

Kortez didn't say anything.

He had just looked at her.

Then Brandy.

Then Aaliyah again.

Then he sighed.

"If it makes y'all happy," he sighed eventually, lifting the red rope that had let people go inside. "Enjoy yourself."

The girls couldn't have believed that they had just gotten away with that, which inevitably didn't last very long but more on that later.

Right now though, they were jamming to the song This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan.

Once upon a time in '94
Montell made no money and life sure was slow
And all they said was 6'8 he stood
And people thought the music that he made was good

There lived a DJ and Paul was his name
He came up to Monty, this is what he said
You and OG are gonna make some cash
Sell a million records and we're making the dash

Aaliyah and Brandy had really enjoyed themselves at the party though, deliberately trying to avoid both Amy and Selena in case any of them had suspected anything.

It had felt really awkward avoiding the celebrants at their own birthday party, but the girls had to do what they had to do they guessed.

They had tried to avoid Amy anyway.

Selena had actually believed that Aaliyah was Stefani, even though she wasn't.

This had happened for about one and a half hours or so, with the party ending in four.

"Dang, sis. I can't believe that Stefani actually came here!" Selena had said to Amy, waving at Aaliyah and Brandy getting slightly drunk.

They were underage but they didn't care.

Damn.

Aaliyah had never had so much fun in her life. Also... if Lisa was here?

She would have told them to go home immediately. Aaliyah didn't need that kind of negativity in her life, so thank God she was far away from her sister right now.

Amy didn't say anything after Selena had told her about Stefani... maybe except from mentally face palming herself over her sister's naivety but that was it from her really.

"That ain't Stefani, girl."

"Whatcha mean it's ain't Stefani?"

Amy just rolled her eyes at her, not saying anything else.

"Look, Selena. Stefani explicitly said to us that she couldn't make it today and—"

"And maybe she realised that she wasn't as busy as she thought she would be," Selena had interrupted. "Loosen up a lil, sis. It's our quincenera!"

She didn't loosen up.

She was annoyed.

They were in the kitchen right now because they were tired and they needed a rest.

Amy had then suggested trying to call Stefani like a smart person would have done, with Selena having nothing against this.

"OK, but if she doesn't pick up because she's here, then don't say I didn't warn you."

Amy didn't say anything.

She just called her.

Aaliyah and Brandy's day was just becoming worse...