38. Best Believe, Y'all Have Been Deceived

Amy and Selena ❤️

Chapter Thirty Eight

Yeah, Stefani didn't pick up.

Or she wasn't going to pick up, that was what.

Amy had just realised that Stefani wasn't who she had said she was.

Aaliyah had impersonated Amy and Selena's cousin Stefani, with Brandy in the meantime impersonating Stefani's friend Moesha instead.

Selena wouldn't have believed Amy when she had told her that Stefani wasn't there at the party.

But then again, Amy didn't exactly have any proof that Stefani wasn't with them at the party.

That was until now.

The proof she had wasn't even working.

"Dammit, why the heck isn't she picking up?" Amy groaned to herself. "Is she that busy?"

Yeah, clearly.

If she wasn't even picking up in the first place.

When all hope was lost though, that was when Stefani had decided to pick up the call eventually, with Amy smiling to herself.

It had taken her almost fifteen minutes to get back to her (thirteen minutes and forty seven seconds more precisely), but she had done so eventually.

This was the only thing that had matter right now.

She didn't tell Selena yet though that Stefani was on the phone, as she had happily answered it instead.

"What's up sis?"

"Hey girl, you called me," Stefani had replied through the phone. "What's up? Damn, I wish I was at your party right now."

Not only did Stefani live too far away, she also couldn't really have attended because she had too many things to do right now.

Amy didn't say anything though, because that was when she had called Selena.

Stefani had wished them a very happy sweet sixteenth birthday party through the phone, with Amy acknowledging her.

That was when Selena had realised.

"If that's Stefani..." she had then gasped for a moment as she had turned to face Aaliyah and Brandy getting pretty drunk for the first time.

The first time for Brandy anyway.

Aaliyah had inevitably been drunk before.

Lisa had told her that being drunk was a complete waste of time, as well as some other things that Aaliyah didn't really care much about.

Because Lisa was Lisa.

She hadn't really listened to her much, which had sucked actually because a lot of things that Lisa had told Aaliyah and other people were very important.

Lisa was underrated.

"Then who are they?"

"Don't tell me someone's impersonating me, love," Stefani had snapped.

Someone was impersonating her all right.

And that wasn't even the only impersonation at this party.

Amy had a feeling that she knew who this so called "Stefani" and "Moesha" were, ending the call to go to Aaliyah and Brandy.

It's drivin' me out of my mind!
That's why it's hard for me to find
Can't get it out of my head!
Miss her, kiss her, love her

They were in the middle of the dance floor, drunkenly dancing their hearts out.

They could have actually gotten arrested three times today, but they didn't.

One for shoplifting.

Two for impersonating themselves.

And three for underage drinking.

Honestly speaking, if neither of them had ended up in jail by the end of today then that was truly a huge miracle from God.

That girl is (Poison)...
Never trust a big butt and smile
That girl is (Poison)..
("POISON!!")

Ironic how they were singing the song Poison by Bell Biv DeVoe because Amy was poison, and the girls were about to be poison as well.

"Ahem."

Because the girls were really having a good time, they didn't notice Any standing there.

She's so - (Fly)
She'll drive you right out of your mind
And steal your heart when you're blind
Beware she's schemin', she'll make you think you're dreamin'
You'll fall in love and she'll be scheming, scheming

Brandy had danced all the way back to hit Amy, and when she had seen her, she had freaked.

Aaliyah was still high though, that was until Brandy had tapped her.

Trouble.

Screw that.

Double trouble.

"Amy! Cousin! What's up girl!"

"Shut up Aaliyah and Brandy," Amy deadpanned, folding her arms at both of them. "I don't like you guys, and I thought I made it clear that if you don't have an invite then you can't come to this party. So what the heck are you doing here?!"

Aka the understatement of the century.

The girls were really in for it now— there was no escaping this one.

At all.