20. All Dem So Called Good Girls All Got A Bad Side

Chapter Twenty

Aaliyah was pissed.

She was done with life.

Done with her mother, although her father was OK.

To an extent.

She had always preferred DeVante than Whitney anyway though.

She had been watching the news about Nate Dogg and Notorious' deaths on the TV, and she was really immersed into it.

But Whitney didn't care, she wanted her to help her tidy her room with her stupid sister Lisa.

Aaliyah didn't really think much of Lisa, to be honest. She wasn't actually a bad person or anything, but because Aaliyah had been compared to her so much?

She had started to loathe her a bit.

It was even worse for her though because they had shared rooms with each other and everything... she had asked several times for her own room.

But she had never actually gotten it.

She had met Lisa tidy up her bed like she was supposed to do, because she was so flipping well behaved and it had honestly driven Aaliyah absolutely insane sometimes.

Without a care in the world about anything, Aaliyah had then gone on her very untidy half of the room, literally crashing herself on her bed.

Before groaning to the ceiling about how much she had really hated her life.

"What's up with you?" Lisa wanted to know, finishing up the buttons to her duvet— she had lowkey just changed it and she had put in inside.

"Mum and dad seriously driving me insane again," Aaliyah had deadpanned, before sitting up straight to face a confused Lisa.

Yeah, she didn't like her sister or anything.

But that didn't necessarily mean that she was rude to her.

Most of the time anyway.

Lisa had oftentimes done Aaliyah's head in, although this wasn't usually something that was done on purpose.

Lisa had really cared about other people's feelings, unlike Aaliyah here.

"This house inspection has just caused mum to be moody and disrespectful for no reason."

"Sis, she's been telling you to tidy up your room with me since the beginning of time now," Lisa had informed Aaliyah, stopping what she was doing to sit down on her bed right to her.

She didn't even realise the eye roll that Aaliyah had done to her, to be honest.

There was honestly no point complaining to this girl. She was never against sticking to rules. She had stuck to all of them.

Even when rules were unreasonable, Lisa had still obeyed them. She was honestly such a goody two shoes.

Or so Aaliyah thought, anyway...

"But if I really gotta be real with you, I ain't really into this house inspection too."

Huh.

So maybe Lisa wasn't as much of a goody two shoes as Aaliyah thought she was.

Maybe she had misjudged her, and she did.

"What do you mean?"

"Use they big brain of yours, sis!" Lisa had unintentionally shouted at her, knocking Aaliyah's head three times as if it was suddenly a door or something.

"I ain't feeling this house inspection. Wish it didn't happen. I mean, mum and dad have been tryna get us out of this stupid ass house for time, so why do they even care if this house inspection is good or not to be honest?"

Exactly.

Aaliyah could have used the fact that her sister didn't like this whole house inspection idea to her own benefit.

She had wanted her to ruin it with her.

No.

Was she absolutely crazy or something?

"Mum and dad finna kill us though if they find out that we're the reason they have a bad house inspection!" Lisa realised. "And I know I said I ain't down for it, but that don't necessarily mean I wanna make it bad for mum and dad."

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

And she groaned.

"Lisa. You've gotta take risks, sis."

"Yeah, but I don't want us getting into trouble."

Aaliyah sighed.

She wanted to ruin this house inspection, but she didn't want to take things too far, and she didn't want them to get into trouble at the same time.

"We can do it discreetly. Inconspicuously. Clandestinely."

"Sis, you're just saying the word secretly using three different words," Lisa corrected her. "And fine. But if you take it too far or we get in trouble, then I ain't speaking to you again, and I mean it."

Kinda impossible as y'all literally lived in the same house as each other right now, but OK...

This was going to be secretly awesome.

And maybe Lisa wasn't as abysmal and dreadful as Aaliyah thought she was.

No.

She was actually the opposite thing instead.