31. No Conversation, It's Just A Crazy, Unfortunate Situation

Chapter Thirty One

"What do you mean the dress is stuck?!"

"I didn't think this was going to happen," Aaliyah had confessed candidly to her friend, before grabbing her by the shoulders and literally shaking her to and fro.

Aaliyah and Brandy were at the shop, shopping for a party that they weren't even invited to in the first place.

And initially, they wouldn't even have cared at all that they weren't invited.

But this party was being hosted by the two most popular girls in their year... aka Amy Winehouse and Selena Quintanilla.

If they hadn't gone then they would have seriously missed out.

People would have talked about this for days on end at school.

Why wish to be there when they could have actually gone there themselves?

Aaliyah had taken a long time to pick on the dress that she wanted to wear... not that that had mattered much anymore because it had seemed that the dress didn't want to leave her.

This was not what she wanted for herself, at all!

But there was one thing that didn't make sense at the moment, and it was...

"The dress had seemed to be the perfect size when I had put it on, so therefore why can't I remove it? It just doesn't make any sense."

Come to think of it, this was all probably karma for running off when she was supposed to be grounded. That was something that Lisa would have said anyway.

And she couldn't have been any more correct.

"I thought it was the perfect size too. Maybe it's God's way of saying that we shouldn't go to this party."

"Yeah, but what about the dress?" Aaliyah wanted to know, folding her arms. "I can't just go out in public with this dress without going anywhere. It wouldn't make sense. Plus, God forbid but assuming my parents catch me... they'll get suspicious if I'm not wearing the same clothes as before."

She had a point.

There were two options really:

They had shoplifted.

Or they had tried to get Aaliyah out of the dress.

Because the second one had seemed to be too time consuming, Brandy had then suggested to go with the first idea instead.

Only for Aaliyah to think that she was absolutely crazy or something.

This was just a crazy, unfortunate situation.

They didn't even need to have a conversation about it.

It was just obvious.

"Are you crazy, girl? I ain't shoplifting!"

"Says the girl that snuck out of the house whilst she's supposed to be grounded."

Which was something in which Brandy was partially responsible for, as she had showed both Aaliyah as well as Lisa the invitation for Amy and Selena's party.

At the same time, it wasn't by force for Aaliyah to go, she just wanted to go to the party herself, irrespective of the fact that she was supposed to be grounded at the moment.

They needed to think of what to do and fast, time was quickly going and the party was about to start soon.

They didn't even realise that a guest list was needed for this whole thing, or if they did realise that then they didn't really care about instead.

"We need a distraction. You also need to take your original clothes with you."

She could have worn over them, which was actually a good option.

Aaliyah could have easily rolled the dress in which she was currently wearing up... and she could have worn her original clothes above it.

Which was exactly what she had done.

That didn't change the fact that the dress wouldn't have come off of her though. Brandy had tried to remove it from her and Aaliyah herself but it didn't work.

They had even gotten other people going pass the fitting rooms to do it, and they couldn't have done so either.

At least people would have been less suspicious as to why Aaliyah would have been wearing the exact same dress as the one in the shop.

Not that there was anything wrong with this although she couldn't have exactly removed the price tag.

Either way, they needed a very good plan to get away with shoplifting.

Brandy had a really good idea, and it had seriously included both of them to be as inconspicuous as possible.