15. Eric's Got Your Back, Tupac!

Chapter Fifteen

Flipping hell.

What on Earth were they supposed to do now?

Tupac was supposed to say a eulogy about both Nate Dogg as well as Notorious too, but he just couldn't bring himself round to doing that.

Why was it that both of them had died and he had survived instead?

That didn't do anyone much justice at all.

He had done all of the stupid damage, so therefore he should have died instead of Nate Dogg and Notorious.

Yeah, Notorious had driven past the speed limit even though Nate Dogg had told him continuous times not to do something like that... but the reason they had done that in the first place was because of something in which Tupac had done.

Notorious and Tupac were ranting at him vehemently for this, and huh. Tupac had apparently done all of the damage for today.

He did, yeah.

But this was a life or death situation.

"....which is finna turn into a death and nothing else but death situation if you don't drive past the damn speed limit!" Tupac shouted at Nate Dogg.

He had refused to do again, but he had his reasons. They couldn't have gone anywhere. If Nate Dogg had driven quickly then he would have most likely gotten into a car crash or something.

Even though he had some solid reasonings right now, Notorious still hadn't listened to him, driving for him.

His hand was on the wheel and Nate Dogg pushed back, asking him what he was doing.

"Bro, do I look like I wanna die? No I don't!"

They were driving pretty recklessly, just like Fast and Furious.

Nate Dogg had lowkey told Notorious to slow down, especially after he was breaking the speed limit by about twenty or so right now.

"Notorious, man! The car is at 90! Do you have a death wish or something?!"

No, but.

He didn't want any of them to die, that was all.

Tupac didn't want to say goodbye to them but he had to do so. And Notorious didn't even want to die but he did, along with Nate Dogg.

These stupid memories.

Tupac had wished that they could have gone away. Legends had never died apparently— Eric B had told him that.

But two of them just did.

Whilst Tupac was crying about them somewhere unknown, some teenage kid in the audience wanted to know what on Earth they were going to do now.

"Y'all... you've still got to keep the funeral going, man. That's what Nate and Notorious would have wanted. I'll go talk to Tupac in the meantime."

Then Eric B had headed off to find him.

Michael was annoyed at Tupac for the funeral, as well as almost dying, and Tupac knew that right now, hence why he didn't want to talk to him.

Eric couldn't have found him anywhere though, no matter how hard he had tried to do so. He had seen Tupac in a terrible state, yeah.

But never this badly, at all.

"There you are," Eric had told him, sitting down next to him on some bench outside.

It was raining pretty darn heavily and Tupac was low-key pouring his eyes out right now. He had an umbrella but the wind was ruining it.

He didn't care though.

"What are you doing out here in the graveyard?"

"Does it matter?" Tupac cried through sniffles. "They're both gonna be buried back here anyway. Although I think Notorious wanted to be cremated. He wrote that in his will."

This death talk was silently and emotionally killing Eric B, but at the same time, he knew Tupac had every damn right to say that right now.

"I know you're pissed but don't beat yourself up."

"Don't beat myself up?" Tupac yelled at him, then again. "Don't beat myself up? Eric, my two best homies are dead. And that's all my stupid fault. So don't tell me nothing."

He didn't know what to say.

Then he had reminded him of what Nate and Notorious would have wanted.

"They would have wanted you to say their eulogies without any interruptions, which is exactly what you're finna do now. Whether you like it or not, bro."

"But—"

"No buts," he interrupted. "I get you're hurting but still say their damn eulogies, man. It's what they would have wanted. Also remember. Legends never die."

Legends never die.

He said it again.

He didn't want to, but he stood up, when Eric B had something at first, asking Tupac if he was coming with him.

Then they headed back inside.

Time to do this thing.