17. What's The Meaning Of Spring Cleaning?

This update been slow as hell! Life gets busy sometimes. Like I said, this chapter is about Aaliyah. Lisa Lopes is her sister whilst Whitney and DeVante are their parents instead. Enjoy!

Chapter Seventeen

Aaliyah was bored.

Very bored.

Whilst Whitney was cleaning up the house because some house inspector was coming today apparently, the girl in the meantime was watching Nate Dogg and Notorious' apparent death on the TV.

This was like the most trending topic in the news right now to be honest.

And realistically speaking, Aaliyah was supposed to help Lisa clean her room couldn't she couldn't have been arsed today.

I can't believe they're really gone, some again woman had said on the screen. I mean, I never met them personally or anything but my children had loved both of them as musical artists.

And now both of them dying?

At the same time as well?

That's just honestly way too surreal right now!

Then some other teenager had said Legends Never Die! whilst putting his arm around his chest and a girl had cried immensely.

I'll miss both of them! This was coming from a very beautiful Fulani girl with black and pink box braids.

I actually got to meet both of them in person the other day at their concert! They were such underrated artists and they still are today, even though both of them are gone.

And I know y'all are most likely throwing shade at Tupac for pretty much getting everyone into this situation, but then again, they shouldn't have driven past the speed limit.

Not taking sides here or saying that they deserved to die or anything, just saying that—

But the girl was cut halfway by the news reporter saying Thanks, Kenzie. I think that's enough and nicely taking the microphone away from her.

Aaliyah was about to continue watching the news but she didn't because her mum was hoovering and everything.

"Will you get your ass up?" Whitney had condemned, staring her down. "How many times have I told you or do I have to tell you to go and clean your room with your sister?"

Yeah, they had shared rooms.

And they both wanted separate rooms but sadly, beggars couldn't have been choosers.

When Aaliyah had heard that, she had rolled her eyes at her, with Whitney actually realising this for once.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, young woman. I'm pretty sure this is the fifth time I've told you now to help Lisa clean your room."

Even though she had rolled her eyes and she knew it, Aaliyah had just told Whitney that she didn't. And despite the fact that this conversation lowkey didn't concern DeVante at all...

He had still come in anyway.

Asking Aaliyah whether or not she had just lied to her mother.

She didn't have time for this, she had just left.

For goodness sake.

What was the meaning of spring cleaning?

It wasn't even spring though. It was flipping July right now instead. 

It sounded kinda nice though. Winter cleaning or summer cleaning just didn't have that kinda ring to it, if that made sense.

But spring cleaning did instead.

And this stupid house inspection as well. Aaliyah didn't have time for all of this.

She had never really cleaned her room before to be honest, so she therefore didn't get why she had to start everything now.

Whitney and DeVante were like Michael to be honest. Pretty damn strict.

But at least Aaliyah had both parents. Tupac didn't. Not that she knew this. She didn't exactly know Tupac.

She didn't really have any type of opinion on Nate and Notorious' death as she didn't really listen to their songs much.

Although she was a little bit confused yet annoyed as to why Tupac was still alive even though everything was practically his fault in the first place anyway.

When Aaliyah had gone upstairs, with Whitney double checking this, she had lowkey sighed to herself.

"You OK?" DeVante had asked her, when he had heard her sighing.

She was just done really.

Aaliyah was driving her insane.

She had never listened.

Even when she had told her off. Lisa was so well behaved.

How were the two of them even sisters to begin with?

They were so different to each other.

It just didn't make any sense whatsoever really.

"What are we gonna do with Aaliyah! Never pays attention or listens to me."

DeVante realised that too to be honest and he had told her that maybe her being too strict on her had made her start to disrespect her, in a way.

But when Whitney had heard that?

She just couldn't stop staring blankly at him.