94

that night, minho had fallen asleep quite early. he was completely worn out and with good reason. however, jisung now had his own issues to solve and couldn't seem to get the sleep he wanted to.

jisung was sat in his living room, whispering on the phone with his mother. he was internally praying minho wouldn't wake up and hear the conversation.

"jisung, you were meant to be here hours ago. why aren't you here?" his mother questioned angrily.

"i ran into some problems... i'll come soon." jisung said back to her.

"it's your father jisung."

"im aware mom, but he also was the one who sent me away because he didn't want me to see him that way."

"this is different jisung and you know that." his mother spoke harshly.

"i know, i just missed my flight today. i will be there as soon as i can." jisung exained to her.

"you better get here soon." she stated angrily.

"mom, i will. i promise." jisung said, but part of him didn't know if he'd keep that promise.

"good."

"how much time do you think he has left?" jisung asked hesitantly.

"the doctors estimated a month," she began to sob, "just please come... i need you just as much as your father does."

"okay, i'll come mom. don't worry." jisung said, "go get some rest now. i love you."

"i love you too. bye sweetie."

"bye mom."

"jisung?" the sudden voice made him whip his head around. thankfully for him, it wasn't minho.

"oh hey chan," jisung smiled half-heartedly.

"you didn't go to malaysia." chan said with a soft voice.

"nope," jisung went to walk away, but chan stopped him.

"i thought your father was sick? why wouldn't you go?" chan questioned.

"did you not notice everything minho and i were dealing with this week? how could i leave?" jisung responded, trying his best not to raise his voice.

"jisung, you were mean to leave today though. have you even told minho? do you even still plan on leaving?" chan asked the boy. 

"im not leaving for good anymore, but i will be gone for a little while... i don't want to leave just yet though. minho and i can finally be together now, is it so wrong for me to want to enjoy that?" jisung asked with doe eyes.

"it's not wrong jisung, but you should visit your father." chan stated.

"visit your father? like in malaysia?" minho questioned as he walked out of jisungs room.

"ah— minho... you're awake..." jisung trailed off nervously.

"i am," minho nodded, "what's going on with your dad? is he getting worse?"

"we don't have to talk about this right now." jisung insisted as he tried to get minho to go back to bed.

"yes we do jisung. what aren't you telling me?" minho questioned, and chan just slowly snuck out of the room to avoid getting in the middle of anything.

"nothing minho, let's just go to bed. i'm exhausted and so are you." jisung oushed on the boys chest, but he wouldn't budge.

"jisung, seriously. just talk to me." minho insisted, but he wasn't angry, he just wanted to know what was going on.

"fine," jisung said as he grabbed onto minhos hand and pulled him to sit down on the couch, "it is my father... he is getting worse."

"and you're meant to go visit him?" minho asked, and jisung just nodded his head yes.

"when?"

"i was supposed to leave today." jisung mumbled.

"what?"

"i missed my flight... we had too much going on. i couldn't leave you in the middle of all of that." jisung stated as he held onto minho.

"jisung, you should've told me!" minho stated as he raised his voice slightly.

"i was going to tell you, but not today! not with everything going on with your family and us." jisung said with a disheartened expression.

"jisung, this is about your father though. if he's getting worse you need to go see him before it's too late." minho said as he cupped the younger boys face.

"but i don't want to leave you. i want to stay here with you." jisung said as he buried himself in minhos arms.

"i understand that jisung, but if you don't go visit him you'll regret it." minho explained to the latter.

"i will go visit him, but not right now. right now i want to stay here with you, please!" jisungs voice was shaky, and slightly muffled as he spoke against minhos chest.

"jisung, it's not up to me what you do. i can only tell you what i think you should do." minho spoke softly as he rubbed the boys back.

"what do you think i should do then? leave you? i'm not leaving. we already made a promise not to!"

"jisung, it's different. you're not leaving me because you want to. we can still be together, it'll just have to be long distance for a little while." minho explained to jisung, but he still wasn't getting it.

"no, i want to stay right here and never move." jisung said as he pushed minho back on the couch and put all his body weight on top of the boy.

minho stifled a small laugh, "you can't lay on top of me forever kitten."

"who says?" jisung asked as he gripped on even tighter to minho.

"ji, i will be right here waiting for you when you get back from malaysia, but you really need to go." minho said sweetly.

"i don't want to talk about this anymore," jisung had enough of talking and thinking about his father, "please can we go to bed now?"

"fine ji... let's go to bed." minho said as he lifted the boy up into his arms, knowing jisung would refuse to let go of him.

minho carried jisung into the bedroom and placed him down gently on the bed, but before minho could pull away, jisung pulled minho on top of himself.

"mine." jisung said cutely as he held onto minho.

"and you're mine." minho said as he spun them so jisung was on top of him.

as jisung laid comfortably on top of minhos chest, listening to his steady heart beat, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

minho on the other hand couldn't help but worry about jisung. he knew jisung quite well at this point.

minho knew jisung was probably ignoring the reality of his father dying and just didn't want to have to accept it. going to malaysia would make it all real, and minho could tell that's what scares jisung the most.

however, the last thing minho wants is for jisung to regret not saying goodbye to his father. no matter how scared jisung is, he needs to go and see him, and minho knew this.

a.n.

i'm so sorry i didn't update for so long

hope y'all didn't give up on this story just yet

i'm going to try to get out more updates more frequently

side note, today i learned the dance to the first chorus in i cant stop me by twice!!!