62

jisung got done from a long day of work and crashed onto his bed immediately. he felt the stress weigh him down, but felt a bit at ease knowing he had finished writing the song like he wanted to.

he thought back to his dinner date with minho, it may have just been in the dance practice room of their company, but it still meant so much to him.

jisung smiled giddily as he fidgeted in his bed. he then yawned once he calmed himself down, stretching out his arms and legs across his bed.

as he laid there motionless, begging sleep to take over him, he felt his phone vibrate in his jean pocket. he reached down, slipping his hand into the pocket to grab his phone which continued going off over and over again.

jisung read the name popping up on his phone and felt his heart sink when he saw the messages he was spammed with.

he read over the series of texts and immediately felt panic wash over him. 

jisung then picked up his phone and hit the call button on the contact that had messaged him.

"jisung..." he heard the voice say.

"mom... what happened?" jisung questioned as he tried not to break down.

felix picked his head up from his bed where he was trying to rest, he looked over at jisung and saw the tears falling down his cheeks.

"i want to go home mom... let me come home." jisung pleaded, but his mother refused.

"no jisung, your father doesn't want that. i just thought you should know his condition is worsening... i'll let you know when the time will be to come home. for now focus on work... but maybe call or text your dad a little more, okay?" his mother said sweetly, trying to keep her voice calm.

"okay..." jisung hung up the call, allowing the sobs to escape him uncontrollably.

felix got up from his bed and immediately rushed to jisungs side. he wrapped his arms around jisungs waist and drew the boy in close.

it killed felix to see jisung so upset, he wished there was some way he could help.

"what happened ji?" felix asked as he wiped away the tears that continued to pour down jisungs cheeks.

jisung just shook his head, not wanting to speak of it any further.

"do you want me to hold you tonight?" felix asked softly as he leaned in closer to jisung.

jisung nodded his head yes as he collapsed in felixs arms.

"are you sure you want me... or do you want me to call minho?" felix asked, waiting to see the reaction jisung gave.

he felt jisungs slightly pick his head up and his tears stopped for a moment.

felix knew the answer, whether jisung would admit to it or not, he wanted minho there.

"i'll call minho."

"no!" jisung grabbed onto felixs arm before he could reach for his phone.

"you want him here, don't you?" felix gave jisung a puzzled look.

"i just saw him... i— i can't bother him with this... please just hold me tonight lix." jisung hiccuped a bit as he tried to hold back his tears.

"binnie might get jealous..." felix teased, "i bet minho would too."

"screw them, i need my best friend." jisung pouted as he wrapped his arms around felix.

"you don't want to talk about what your mom said?" felix asked one more time just to be sure.

"i can't talk about it lix... it hurts too much to even think about." jisung sighed as his bottom lip quievered and the tears beckoned to pour out harder than before.

"let it out ji," felix encouraged, "you might not be able to speak about it... but you can cry it out. it's okay to cry."

with those words ringing through jisungs ears, he allowed the tears to fall relentlessly as he felt his body begin to shake.

he let himself feel everything that he was trying to hold in, but he needed to let it out.

felix held on tightly to jisung as the two climbed under the blankets. he lulled jisung to sleep, brushing through his hair gently.

"it's okay ji, it's okay." felix said comfortingly, doing all he could to make his best friend feel better.

"th-thank you, f-felix." jisung stuttered out, his body continuing to shake a bit.

"no need to thank me, just relax jiji. there's nothing you can do right now besides gets some rest. figure it out in the morning, but for now, just sleep please." felix encouraged sweetly, helping the latter allow sleep to take over him.

with felixs helpful words, jisung closed his eyes, "count back from 100, that's what i do when i can't sleep... 100...99...98...97..."

felix continued saying the numbers softly to jisung, until he got up to around twenty, that's when he heard soft snores escape the boy before him and he felt a wave of relief wash over him.

"you got this jisung, you're so strong." felix kissed the top of his best friends head before he laid back down on the pillow, falling asleep now too.

a.n.

jilix makes me soft too so heres soft jilix for clear skin😚✊

but dont forget about whyyy felix and jisung were so soft during this chapter, that is important :)