80

"so did you talk to seungmin yet?" jisung asked on the other side of the phone call with minho.

"no, just hyunjin and jeongin." minho stated after having explained the entire story to jisung.

"are you going to speak to seungmin?" jisung questioned.

"of course i am, i need to make sure he is okay too."

"hmmm has the lee minho gone soft?" jisung teased with a smile noticeable in his tone of voice.

"shut up." minho scoffed, "i think i heard seungmin just walk in. i'll talk to you later, okay?"

"okay min, byeeee." jisung sang in a sweet way.

"bye kitten, go speak to felix while you can." minho got his revenge with the nickname before hanging up the call and going to see if seungmin was really the one to just enter their dorm.

"hey seungmin," minho said as he walked into the kitchen.

"hi," seungmin said grumpily.

"have you spoken to jeongin or hyunjin?" minho asked curiously.

"i spoke to both of them and they're on the verge of breaking up now." seungmin said, his tone coming across as frustrated.

"that's not your fault seungmin." minho tried to assure the boy.

"yeah right minho," seungmin scoffed, "i know it's my fault."

"it's really not seungmin, they have their own issues going on. sure you didn't help, but it's not all on you." minho explained to the latter, but seungmin just rolled his eyes as he walked away.

"regardless, i made things worse. just leave me alone minho." seungmin walked off into his bedroom, not wanting to discuss things with minho any further.

minho wanted to help. he knew he wasn't the warm type who gives the best advice like chan does, but he wished he could be.

he wanted to be able to help his friends fix things, but it just seemed like it was way out of his control.

on top of it all, he was still worrying about seeing his parents over the weekend... he hadn't told jisung yet and he worried they were the next to come crashing down in the friend group.

~

jisung on the other hand was spending the day with felix.

this was their first time being alone together since the party which meant jisung hadn't gotten a chance to speak to the boy about what happened that night.

the two sat quietly in the living room, watching some random show they had stumbled upon when flipping through channels.

"hey lix," jisung spoke up, "have you talked to chan since the other night?"

"no," felix let out a heavy sigh.

"why not?"

"well, changbin and chan got into a fight over me before the party. chan always does some pretty... flirty things with me.

i always just thought he was being friendly, but changbin claimed it seemed like so much more than that.

he called chan out on it... they fought. i tried to stay out of it, but at the party everything just went wrong." felix explained with a disheartened expression.

"so how are things with you and changbin now then?" jisung questioned.

"they're getting better. he's been really sweet to me lately, i know he is just trying to make up for being a total dick at the party." felix rolled his eyes, but a small smile had already formed on his lips.

"so things are good?"

"yeah, they're good. i put him in his place. it's no longer me simping for him and instead he simps for me. i like it this way." felix blushed slightly as he spoke of this.

"i don't know... i think you're both just whipped and take turns showing it." jisung remarked, earning a playful hit to the chest from felix.

"but seriously lix, are you sure he treats you right?"

"he does. he has his moments where he lashes out, but overall he is so good to me. the only person who ever causes problems in our relationship is chan. i just need to be more mindful of how changbin feels about my relationship with chan."

"i mean is that really fair to you though? you have to cut out chan for changbin isn't that toxic?" jisung asked, his head tilting in confusion.

"changbin is fine with me being friends with him, he just would prefer im not overly affection with him. we had a whole conversation about how he can't lash out on me and he can't blame chan for feelings he can't control." felix explained and jisung understood. he was just happy it was working out well for everyone.

"have you talked to chan though?" felix asked curiously to jisung.

"i haven't... im thinking maybe i should." jisung sighed.

"i think it might be better if we let him come to us. it's how chan is, he doesn't really like discussing his feelings." felix suggested, and jisung knew he was right.

"yeah, maybe that would be for the best." jisung frowned, wishing he could do more to help the boy.

jisung and minho were in similar situations, both wanting one of their friends to be happy regardless of their unrequited love.

a.n.

chapter with minhos parents is coming soon:)