Behind the shadows

"Barriss, I see you've successfully comprehended the enemy lines."

"Yes Master, I did precisely as you instructed."

"Excellent, perhaps the Jedi council will accept you back yet."

"Thank You, Master."

"Master Yoda would like to speak with you. Ensure you find him at some point or another."

"Yes Master, I will."

With that said, Barriss rapidly dashed towards the grand master, addressing his demands before any complications may occur.

"Padawan Offee, congratulate you on your mission, I do."

"Thank you Master." She bowed.

"Fought well you have. Powerful have you become. Strong with the force you are. A capable warrior, I see in you. Compassionate you have been. Selfless, you were. Therefore, seen to it that enough your skills are, I have."

"Enough for what Master?"

"Kneel Padawan."

"By the right of the council, by the will of the force, rise you may." He announced, swinging his blade from either sides of her shoulder.

"But Master, what does this mean?" She rose.

"This means, a powerful Jedi, you are. Henceforth, a Jedi Knight, may you be."

Barriss was frozen in shock. She had only been sent out to the field for no more than 2 rotations and not only had she proven herself, she had even achieved the rank of Jedi Knight by the grand master himself.

"Now, go you must. Aid your Master in battle, you shall."

"Of course, Master." She bowed, running back towards the battlefield.

"Commander." A trooper saluted.

"Commander." Then another.

"Hello, sir." And another.

"Commander." And so on.

"Trooper, do you know where Master Unduli is?" She asked.

"General Unduli is here, patrolling the enemy lines." He pointed.

"Thanks, Captain. I had best go."

"Good luck, sir."

"Hey buzz, wanna give me a lift?"

"Of course, sir."

As always, the instant Barriss approached the enemy lines, she leaped onto the watery ground just in time to save one of her men.

Moments later, she further pursued the patrols in an attempt to rush the legion of droids, slashing down countless battle droids and tanks in swift moments.

At one point, Barriss even retreated a few metres back striving for the protection of her clones. Before rushing back towards her Master where they with their combined strengths, were finally attaining a major offensive.

When Barriss approached mid-battle, she suddenly sensed an immense disturbance in the force. It was as if thousands of Jedi had suddenly lost their connection to the force, as if all the padawans, knights and masters she knew, were gone.

This abrupt change in the galaxy forced Barriss to fearfully plunge towards the ground, lying beside one of her dead men.

Staring into the broken helmet, she somehow narrowed down enough detail to attain the dark presence lurking behind the shadows, lurking behind every single clone she knew.

No, they couldn't be evil. Barriss fought beside thousands of her men and never once had they failed her. They were like brothers. They were like family. They couldn't be evil. Yet something within the force zone just persuaded Barriss to run and hide, to abandon her Master completely.

Right. Apparently I forgot to tell you guys how I am trying to force you guys into liking Barriss Offee. If you've read my other books 'The things a friend can change' and 'Barriss x Caleb one-shots', you'd probably already know this. 

If you don't need any persuading however, I'm here to inform you that you're not alone. 

Good day.