Blame

Caleb rested his head on her stomach. His balmy head stored within her cold belly. The elegance of her silk was intolerable, so much so that he had dismissed himself from the gloating of perils. Until upon being awoken by the languorous shaking from his shoulders.

"Padawan, wake up."

"Master Unduli?"

"Yes, it's me." She stated, "You've been with Barriss for 2 rotations, and at some point, you'll have to leave her side."

"I can't...it was my fault to not have deflected the shot. I was supposed to cover her back but I couldn't even do it in time."

"I'm sorry, Barriss." He whimpered closely to her ear.

"Don't be sorry, child. It wasn't your fault."

"Actually, it is. There's so much I should've done. I should've looked before jumping through the hole. I should've reacted before the inquisitor got me. After that I didn't even tell or say anything to warn any of you." He whimpered, "When I got onto the ship, I didn't even look at what coordinates I was putting in. I was so reckless that..."

"Wait a minute Padawan. Where are we now?"

"We're...we're – the navi computer says Onderon."

"Onderon? Perfect!" She addressed, "There's a senator here who served the republic during the clone wars. If we can find him he'll probably help us."

Caleb imperiously glided the shuttle aboard a random landing platform. Where he impulsively dashed all over the town searching for this mischievous figure, carelessly dismantling several Stormtroopers along the way. With Luminara, closely behind. Her appearance visible as she carried the fallen Knight.

"Padawan, wait!" She issued too late, as Caleb had already kicked open the door to the castle.

"Hey you, where's senator Bonteri?"

"Who are you?"

"Forget about that just kriffing tell me!" He emphasized, using his persuasion of terror.

"That way." She pointed.

"Padawan we never..."

"I know. I know, but this is not the time now come on!" They dashed.

"That's him."

"Are you senator Bonteri?"

"Yes I...is that Barriss?"

"You know her? Why? What have you done with her before, huh?"

"What? Nothing, she just...saved me once."

"Did she?"

"Kind of, yes. Now what seems to be the problem?"

"She's got an injury that's probably killing her. Can you do anything?"

Lux led them to the medical bay.

"Levee, save the girl now." Lux commanded, "I'm sorry though, this is where you must depart."

"Depart? Why? We can't just leave her she's..."

"Do what he says, Padawan. The matter is out of our hands."

"Fine." He replied stubbornly, which abruptly reminded Lux of someone he was exclusively close to.

"You know kid, you remind me of someone I know."

"Firstly, don't call me a kid. Padawan is fine but kid is just intolerable."

"All right, in that case may I ask of your name."

"Caleb." He replied flatly, clearly uninterested in his conversation.

(1 hour later)

"Levee, will Barriss be okay?" He asked desperately, indubitably worried for her friend.

"The patient's chances of surviving are...tricky. I'm not quite sure I can answer that question confidently but..."

"Levee, will she survive!"

"Padawan!" Luminara exclaimed, "Perhaps I should handle this. You go check on the senator."

"And do what?"

"Apologise to him and his workers."

"For what?"

"For your rusty behaviour, Padawan. Now go. And don't cause any trouble." She glared.

"All right." He inhaled acutely, as he gradually made his way to the exit. Relocating the good senator with a mirthless look of glee.

Meanwhile, Luminara bitterly checked the vital signs of her once Padawan. Both proud yet apprehensive of the possibility that she wasn't going to make it. Sombrely drifting towards the conclusion of her dismay. And if this were true, she'd celebrate their victory, while mourning for her death. For she shall rest in peace, and be one with the force.

Luminara, being the austere Jedi master that she was, waited patiently during the tedious therapeutic transcription of her tiresome transmission. Courteously awaiting the conclusion towards the situation.

"Therefore, there is a very slim chance of the patient surviving."

"May I ask roughly how slim a gap do you hypothesise the chances of her surviving would be doctor?"

"Ummmm..."

"The navi-doc estimates a 12 percent chance." Lux admitted frantically, "But...we hope for the best, don't we?"

"Yeah." Caleb murmured.

"May the force be with you, Barriss." Luminara lingered lustfully. 

A little Lux for ya.

Now I don't know if I should have the conflict between Lux and Caleb in getting Barriss, but I do know that she's not gonna die in this story. Come on man, isn't that obvious? How'd I let her die right?

Sorry for the lack of updates, there's not a lot of fun or time in my life to write as much as I'd like to so, apologies.