Deception

Obliterating the sense of thought, she pushed against her weight, determined to continue the battle. Nonetheless, her head was zwodder, her anatomy quagswag.

"Master do...do you feel that?" She asked in a half drowsy state.

"Yes Barriss, but I'm not sure if..."

"LOOK OUT!" She screamed, dismantling the shot behind her, and the owner of the blaster along with it.

The two formed a blockade instantaneously, implanting their defences by standing back to back.

"Gree, what are you doing?" Barriss addressed, staring at the helmet and the hand that had blaster along with it.

"I'm sorry commander." He stalled, "The mission...comes...first."

With that, their entire platoon began firing shot after shot at the Master and Knight, the Jedi devastated at the sight of their men turning against them.

Although her exterior was maintaining a decent defence, her interior couldn't help but think of all the moments he and Gree had fought together. Including the time when the two of them had been captured by Trandoshans, how they had to fight side by side in an attempt to make their way back to the squad.

She had worked so hard to keep her men from certain death, she had formed attachments to many of them. Yet here they were, terminating the Jedi as if all those memories were just dreams embedded visions.

"Ahhhh." Barriss groaned, feeling the sudden burst of pain in her left arm.

"Barriss!" Luminara attained, sending a powerful force push to the hundreds of her men.

"Barriss, we can't stay here."

"All right then, let's go."

"No, you must go. I'll buy you enough time to get away."

"No Master, I can't leave you." She whimpered.

"You have to!" She commanded, blocking another shot.

"Now go."

"But..."

"GO!" She ordered, as the troopers slowly approached them.

Gaining help from the wookies, she reluctantly pulled away deflecting multiple shots dawned upon her. It completely shattered her soul to destroy the lives of her beloved troopers. They were so loyal, so kind, it shouldn't have been this way. She had not a single doubt that this was due to a cause unknown to the clones themselves.

"I'll find out one day." She thought, as her shuttle slowly ascended up and away from the battle.

Barriss grunted and groaned as she randomly punched the navi computer, hesitantly installing an aimless set of coordinates.

Though as she looked down, she caught the slightest glimmer of hope as she came into sight with Luminara being arrested by her beloved troopers.

Then the ship left, emerging through the gorgeous stars by virtue of light speed. Illuminating her green face with blinding shinings of silver stars.

Within the long hour, Barriss spent numerous minutes just dwelling on the past, how she reluctantly abandoned her Master. As well as how many other Jedi across the galaxy could have perished. The poor younglings for example, which she could still hear squealing and crying out in pain if she were to focus closely.

There was nothing she could do. Not a single thought of redemption entered her mind, only the lust for diminishing those who turned the clones against the Jedi. One day, she will have her revenge. But just as that thought had pondered upon her, she began thinking of the times she had tapped into the darkness.

"Revenge is not the Jedi way." She repeated, regret in her eyes as she thought about the Jedi bombing that had occurred all but a year ago.

"I will save my Master." She inclined, "I have to."

Who do you guys ship Barriss with? I've been thinking of possibly Caleb or Lux, given that they might have survived as well. But frankly, I'm not sure. I understand not many people like Barriss Offee as a character, but I genuinely do feel that I have a strong connection with her. 

Anyway, who do you guys ship Barriss with? Cause I really wanna let Barriss experience some romance cause love ain't always around with this character. Though if you guys don't choose, I might take y'all down a dark path you won't enjoy.

BTW, I did actually ship Barriss with Caleb once in my other book 'Barriss x Caleb one-shots'. Check it out if you're interested.

Thanks for contributing and see you all soon.