The space blemish

No effort was taken for Barriss to stare contentedly at her saviour, gazing vigilantly at the young, albeit mature man he'd stepped into the shoes of. How could she not? He was generous, kind-hearted and a charm to all, but at the same time, gritty minded, persistent and adamant. He would persevere, crossing mountains for any good cause, as much as anything else to amend the spirits of all. Though predominantly, it was the amenable, plucky attitude he showcased to prove his devotion to her which impressed Barriss.

In return, Caleb stirred his eyes towards her, constantly present of her compassionate soul. Conflicted, he was half hindered by the will of the force, marooning him in an ambivalent state towards the perception of Barriss. Would it be them as amiable friends, with a revering respect? Or would it be a relationship above the Jedi code, forming inextricable pairs? All of these queries were amplified when Barriss raised her tone.

"You know Caleb, you don't have to stare at me all day long." Barriss chuffed.

"No yes, I know. But umm, aren't you doing the same?" He returned, almost coquettishly.

"Hmm, well, take it as me trying to admire you." She soothed, her dialect a crystal change, potentially emanating a voluptuous variant of her voice.

"Is that so?" He smirked, his pitch encapsulating and reflecting her mood, now drawing a chair to sit beside hers.

She responded by imitating any puppy's expression: her knee against the ground, her hands atop her lap, and her body forming an exceedingly sensuous curve. Though her emphasis was placed onto the enticing stare, perking appealingly, as if a pet in desperate demand of treatment.

Then she trudged assiduously, maintaining the pamper on her lustrous eyes. Now inches from face contact, Caleb utilised the pause for drastic measures. But just as he was about to address her eccentric frame of mind, she sneakily slicked a finger to his mouth, almost piercing, penetrating and puncturing his firm lips and diverting the resilient blockade.

Eventually, his gaze would meet hers, sparkling gleefully through his eyes to illustrate his lust. And finally, those soft, smooth, supple blue lips would ravish his into an abyss of comfort, indulgence and tolerance. Or would it?

"Barriss, Caleb! I need you here, we're prepping for evasive actions."

The two stumbled backwards, their expressions reticent from blubbering. However, they could not tolerate peace under such conditions. They will have their revenge.

That said, the pair remained idly sat opposite one another, still reluctant from departing completely, with an additional blush embedded onto their blazing cheeks. Up until the haunted yell which was to decide their fate.

"I need you here, NOW!"

"Coming, Master." Barriss reverted, "Come on Caleb, let's go she needs us."

"Uhhh...yeah. Let's go." He agreed, clasping her hand, pausing for but a second.

Together, they quivered, quavered and quagswagged to the control centre.

"What's wrong, Master?" Caleb raised, "And...why is the ship shaking?"

"This shuttle wasn't meant to last long, the engines self-destruct after one rotation in space. We're gonna have to crash land to that thing over there." She pointed, unveiling a narrow dot which may potentially be their course to safety.

"Master, that has to be at least a hyperspace jump away." Barriss addressed.

"And luckily for us, we don't have hyperspace." Caleb added.

"There's not much we can do, but using our last engine, we may be able to deliberately blast ourselves towards that planet. Aim the thrusters, and fire on full when I say."

"Where are you going?"

"To stabilise the engines."

Ergo, the Mirialan ardently marked the ship towards the tiny space blemish, with Caleb force-checking their course before confirmation.

"Any success, Master Unduli?"

"Yes Caleb, but unfortunately, we're going to fly extremely fast. So, we'll definitely crash onto the planet and be burnt into pieces."

"Or..." Barriss started, "We could actually cut out the top of the ship at the exact time. Obviously not before we enter the planet's atmosphere but also obviously not when we've hit the ground."

"That's...insane!" Caleb squealed, "But I like it."

"The two of you are crazier than this plan." She sighed, "But I agree. If we stay here, we'd die anyway. Probably in the next few minutes when the ship explodes. In that case, how will we accomplish this mission?"

"Just exactly how we overtook Geonosis Master, by utilising Skywalker's impulsive guts."

"What?"

"In other words, the force. What else can we use?"

Henceforth, the team rapidly assembled their gear, with Luminara standing by the engines to sustain their eruption. Meanwhile, Barriss sat affront the controls as Caleb stumped his feet onto the ceiling, an acute dread present in all.

It began. Barriss forward-thrusted the console with apprehensive power. The shuttle glided swiftly through the void of desolate space, atrociously blowing away civilizations whilst it swept directly towards the ball as a beam of light.

The incident occurred in mere seconds, and as Caleb had counted to five, he knew the course of action to be taken.

Expeditiously drilling away the primary segment, he inscribed a womb where it was to formulate a circle. Then rearing its surface, he forged the hole with vigorous strength, before lastly, kicking the sector into the atmosphere of a blue sky. One he saw as an abrupt glow until reminding himself of the plan to not die.

"GO NOW!" He yelled, hauling the two with the force as he floated mid-air, viewing from the incision first Barriss, then Luminara, then finally the violent and viscous volcanic bomb which detonated sheer metres away. The wave heaving them all aside like worthless, disposed, plastic bags as they eventually limped towards the ground, their thighs still lugging themselves as they dropped onto the empty greenfield; three lethargic, lazy, languorous, adjoining forms devoured by the pervasive stranglehold of some quirky, unchartered plains.