It's a trap

He jolted down with a silent thump. As his stature was suddenly inflamed with plentiful bullets. Forcing him to hoist himself up back through the roof hole. Only to be dragged to his demise by a pale, invisible hand. When he was brought face to face with a Pau'un, his teeth sharper than blades, and his eyes, darker than death.

"Caleb!" Barriss exclaimed.

"Barriss wait, it's a trap!" Though to no avail, she imperviously dived down, avoiding the shots, charging at this peculiar figure. His head almost severed had he not drifted back instinctively. However, that barely bolstered the beating from her impulsive kick. Inevitably dissecting his chest. Lending Barriss enough time to pollster his grasp as she pulled the boy towards her.

Unfortunately, during the intrusion, Barriss became laden with shots. The blasts on her back transparent with clones dissecting her frame from behind.

Caleb instantly averted the atrocious acts, defending her rear with his lightsaber.

Meanwhile, Barriss blocked valiantly. Swinging her blades in a futile effort to fend off against his double-saber.

She became weaker with every thrust. Even her Soresu instincts barely helped her. Barriss was about to get laid, when her master, from the remnants of the ashes, shot from behind. Clamping his hand with one while consistently jabbing his chest with another. Before extracting her saber from his belt and puncturing his waist within the closing second.

His spirit, devoured. Eyes channelling to the back of his head.

When Barriss turned around, her eyes were instantly darted with fear and pain. The smoke abruptly drilling off from her chest. Her body clashing onto the floor, generating a thud as the second closed.

"Barriss no!" Caleb screeched, bending down towards her while Luminara came curving down. Her technique and skills matching up to the simultaneous strays of shots. Circling the perimeter.

"No no no no no no." He gasped, "Barriss please don't die. Barriss you can't. It can't end like this. You've survived too much to be killed by a clone. Barriss..."

"It's okay, Caleb. I've...I've not been – I hadn't been such a great Jedi anyway. I betrayed the Jedi, the order, my master, and...Ahsoka." She cried.

"No, it's not okay! And I don't care about any of that. You're a great Jedi Barriss, you've given so much for me. You can't just. You can't..."

"We're...we're gonna get help. We'll get you out of this."

"Caleb don't. I can f...feel the life leaving me (cough) already." She muttered under her chokes.

"Barriss p...please." He cried, "You promised."

"I'm sorry, Caleb. But know that I w...will always be with y...you." She promised, the sentence silenced towards the end.

Just then, everything changed. The compassionate presence of Caleb Dume was gone, like a disrupted conduit that no longer channelled the way it was used to. (Huge disclaimer)

"Master, do what you need to save her." He begged, before igniting both his and Barriss' blades and crushing the clones in an instant. Their throats grinded as he deployed the unlawfully forbidden force choke of which stimulated through their merciless souls.

"Let's go." Caleb remarked, trailing off as he dismantled every trooper that holstered his approaches. At one point, he even severed all four limbs before choking them while jamming his sabers through their sored chests. A crimson smirk lurked on the sides of his face.

Regardless, Luminara paid little attention to the initiative, as her main focus was gloomed towards the presence of her daughter. Her quaint powers inaudibly stabilizing her with much effort. Though she was uncertain of her fate as her spirits slowly gloated towards the decimation of her substantial life force.

Rapidly triggering the shuttle, he punched forward and sped off into the distant stars beyond. His impressions foreboding much hatred as his eyes were tormented with a light yellow. Grasp tightened with the pessimistic facial appearance which swelled in agony.

Then he went to see her. Marching to meet with Luminara while staring at Barriss' bizarre beauty the entire session. Quizzing her inordinately of the destiny that awaits.

"I'm sorry Padawan, but that is a question I cannot answer. I've managed to stitch the shots on her back but her chest will take more than me to heal. That is – if she has any...time."

"So, s...she'll m...make it r...right?" He mumbled, perceptibly clutching her palm with both hands.

"I...I don't know."

"Is there nothing we can do?" He whimpered, "She's...she's counting on us."

"Padawan, I'll do what I can. But when the time comes, you must prepare yourself to let go."