The final bounty job

For the next several weeks, Barriss spent adequate effort in virtue of searching for her Master through the force, though no luck just yet. Alongside that, Barriss had obtained countless missions in her attempt to gain credits, albeit consoling with her consignments nonetheless, by constantly rescuing them after their kidnapping. So much so that Jabba had probably began to see the cumulative patterns adding up.

"Bounty hunter, for unknown reasons, every time you acquire a bounty, they always end up escaping. Are you in league with them, Ashla Mel?"

"No, mighty Jabba. I promise you I am not."

"If that is so, I shall dispatch forces with you, and together you shall allocate this next bounty."

Barriss had a pensive feeling about the situation, but nonetheless, complied with the act so as to not keep up her suspicions.

"Who's the next target?"

"We aren't sure, but the empire is willing to pay a large ransom if we catch him. Therefore, this bounty job will be worth...a million credits. But all we know is that he'll be disguised like this."

"All right, I accept." Barriss felt as if this target would be little more than meets the eye, though a distress signal from the force had consistently been warning her of some sort of familiar danger.

Sure enough, the next day, a Trandoshan and a Rodian stood at the door, patiently waiting for their arrival.

"Do you all know what the mission is?"

"Yes, capture the figure on the hologram." He snarled.

"What are your names?"

"I'm Scarr." The Trandoshan replied.

"My name is...Beskarr." The Rodian answered.

Barriss was absolutely sure that alike her, their names were made up. Though it wasn't like that would affect their crummy personality.

Scarr constantly put out his tongue in the most hideous way possible. Meanwhile, Beskarr had a penchant for spitting all over the floor.

"Gross." She perceived, "Of all the people I could work with, why'd it have to be them?"

The instant the three walked into the bar, Barriss began her pedantic search for this target, which was way harder than she thought despite her adequate efforts. Meanwhile, she couldn't shake the fact that this mystery person was someone she must've had an encounter with.

Meanwhile, the boys simply sat and drank as they waited for a signal from the Mirialan. Not that she was ever planning on alerting them anyway.

Until there was finally a slight perk of light, as supposed to the relentless villainy of the area. 

She had spotted her target, only to hesitate as she realized how young this target was.

"So the empire must've wanted this human very badly." She murmured.

Upon sighting the Mirialan, the figure froze but quickly regained balance as it instinctively darted off, undeniably afraid of what was to happen next.

Barriss discreetly chased after the target, sufficiently shielding herself from both her colleagues and the figure. As the presence became increasingly clear, Barriss retracted the thought of any means of violence, possibly even surrendering the choice of kidnapping it in any way.

"Aaaaaaaah." She heard, hurriedly leaping towards the target.

As the mark consistently pulled away, Barriss couldn't help but notice a perturbed sense of dread from the figure. All the while pushing it even further towards the dead end.

"Wait." She started, "I'm not here to hurt you."

"Then why are you after me?"

"I – All right, here." She motioned, perpetually sliding off her pervading hood.

Now she could sense nothing but astonishment and revelation from the target, with the face becoming clearer by the second.

"P...P...Padawan Offee?" He remarked, undeniably perplexed.

"Yes, now could you please remove your hood?"

He did in an instant, only to unveil the obscured face of Caleb Dume.

I just realised that one of the pins on this story has the words associated with a 'Caleb Dume'. Therefore, it was probably better if I included the character before deciding on the ships. 

That being said, with this introduction I may actually make it Baralebs. Yes? No? It's not conclusive yet but I'll just say that for now unless there are any objections. Though keep in mind the choices are limited to 'Yes' and 'Barrux'.

It's been a long time since I've updated this story cause of well, a whole lot of reasons actually: lazy, learning, lack of motivation, so on. So sorry if I'm not meeting your deems.

Good news is, my mid-term begins today which means I'll have a week to hopefully update all the other 3 currently operational books. Or not if I gotta keep tradition and visit my elderlies and stuff. I'll do my best.

Oh and Valentine's' coming up so I may have to plan something.

To whoever who may actually be reading this, have a great day/night.

P Out.

Also also, Happy Lunar New Year to my friends over in Asia. I know not all of you know what I'm talking about and less than a fraction of you guys may care if you're not in that continent. But in my culture it's kind of a big deal so I'm saying it anyway.