You remind me of her

This is gonna be angsty so be aware of that, lovely people.

"I'm...I'm sorry about that earlier." She muttered.

"Y...Yeah it's umm...it's uhh. Yeah." He shivered.

"So...I guess...I guess we'll just forget about it then." She agitated.

"Y...Yeah. I guess so, Padawan Offee."

The room echoed in dead silence. Emptiness filled the room with faint apprehensions of sweat as they both stood around the tramp of nothingness.

When, from the corner of her eye, there was the ring of the distraught, dishevelled, dismantled presence of Dume. A miniature tear drooping down his face, forcing him to compel with the vulnerable reaction of hiding his face.

 A miniature tear drooping down his face, forcing him to compel with the vulnerable reaction of hiding his face

"Are...Are you okay?" She commented, her expressions of fear replaced by impressions of confusion.

"Yes." He mumbled faintly.

"Listen Caleb, I'm sorry for scaring you back there. If you want I could..."

"It's not that."

"No? Then...what's wrong little one?"

"I...Please just leave me alone."

"Caleb, it's okay. You can..."

"I'd...rather not."

"You don't have to be scared, Caleb. Remember I told you I'd be there when you need me? Well I'm here now so..." She paused, recalling the day before. Fundamentally joining the dots.

The halt lasted long. With the perspiring perceptions from both of them. Until upon sighting his efforts of starting a conversation. 

Barriss patiently awarded him of the luxury to begin, virtually pondering upon his lust.

"You remind me of her."

"Who?"

"You...know who I'm talking about."

She sighed, for she was right.

"Is it Master Billaba?"

"Y...yeah. She used to...to...to..." He gasped, the tears advancing exceedingly as she slowly ruffled his hair. Caressing his cheeks.

Caleb, as always, was reluctant to delegate. He could not allow her of such luxury. Yet something about her was just remarkably indulgent, something which almost forced him to adjudicate after the entirety of 15 vast, prolonged minutes. Where his heart almost sank to the bottom of his soul as she rested within her simply charming presence.

Now clutching her frame, he streamed onto the Mirialan before weeping onto her firm shoulders. His head tucked, embedded within her solace. While she cumulatively rendered the rivulets of hair. The other soothing, patting his back like a scared, shaken baby.

"Shhhhhh. It's okay. It's okay. Shhhhhh. Shhhhhhh, Caleb. Shhhhhhhhhh."

He whimpered, his soul dragged into the torments of his past.

"Oh Caleb. Oh, my sweet boy."

Now caressing his back.

"You r...remind me of – of her."

"Yeah?"

"Whenever I got hurt she'd...she'd give me f...force heal as (sniff) as well. There was this first time when – she cooed me from the terror of training bots cause...cause I was s...scared to get shot. But when I did get shot she'd...she gave me the k...kindest looks and the m...most pleasant force hea-uhls. (sniff)."

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh." She continued, consolingly clenching his crown. Now smoothing her hands to grapple his tender cheeks.

"Then when you...when you k...k...collided I...I...I couldn't feel anything b...b...but..."

"It's okay, Caleb. It's okay. I'm here now." She cooed.

"Barriss." He cried, "Barriss, please don't leave m...me. I haven't felt safe since...since..." Which only added onto the extravagance from his tears. His overzealous anxiety foreboding with fear.

"I'm here Caleb. I'm here now. You're safe." She cheered, "You're safe, sweetoms."

"You're safe." She cooed one last time. As the boy was fast asleep, tucked into the girl's shoulders. His balmy head finally tempered with warmth and love.

Feel like I should've done better though. Its been a while since I've written anything quite like this. I used to do it all the time but kinda forgot how to do it and was nervous as I wrote this. I know that's not an excuse so sorry about that.

Still hope you enjoyed though. 

Later, I shall see you.