A promise to keep

That night, as promised, Barriss went through great heights in virtue of rescuing the stolen senator. Attaining several minor complications along the way.

"Hey, you. Lux, isn't it?"

"Why would I talk to you, bounty hunter scum?"

"I'm here to get you out. Sorry for being violent earlier."

"And why should I trust you?"

"It's difficult to explain, but you just have to. After all, if this is a trap, what more could you lose?"

"I see your point, Mirialan."

"Call me Ashla."

"Yeah."

Unlocking the doors to his chamber, Barriss skipped several steps as she impulsively pulled Lux towards the exit, urgently trying to redeem herself to the light side. Until upon sighting the husky Twi'Lek talking to a certain Rhodian bounty hunter.

"Wait." She whispered.

"You got a plan?"

"Umm, yeah. I could distract them while you find your way out. You just have to get past them and you'll find the exit." Only to be met with his foul gaze.

"Look, I get that you don't trust me, but for this once, please just believe that I'm saving your life."

"It's not just that, Barriss. You're the one who framed Ahsoka, aren't you?"

"I...Wait how did you know of – and how'd you know my..."

"Ahsoka told me all about you. Raspy voice, friendly gaze, wise remarks, though it was mainly what you just said that gave you away." He smirked.

She paused, "Are...you flirting with me?"

"What? No! Of course not. I'd never flirt with a..."

"Shhhhhhhh. Keep it down." She continued, "And you were saying?"

"What was I saying?"

"You said 'you'd never flirt with a', then you paused."

"I...Whatever, we gotta move."

"Speaking of which, can't you just use a force trick on them?"

"I can try."

"Well, didn't it work well?"

"Yes Lux, congratulations, you were right. Know how to start the ship?"

"Of course."

"By the way, I heard you say something about how I framed Ahsoka back there."

"Well it was all over the news."

"Ahhhhh, right. Of course."

"Oh and, do you by any chance know if Ahsoka's still...with us?"

"I don't know, but I sure hope so. There's not many of you left now is there?"

"Yeah. Well from how she talked about you, please tell her that I'm sorry for everything, if you ever get a chance to see her."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you. It's been nice knowing you."

"You, too. And I'm thankful that you're trying to change. You're not as bad of a person as I thought, Barriss. Sorry I misjudged you."

"It's all right, I understand. You better go now before anyone misses you." She joked.

"Yes, thanks for the ride. I may or may not forgive you but we'll see." He chuckled.

Please read.

Sooooooooo. 

Ya know it's gonna get a little complicated from here on out. Though I still need a direct answer from y'all as to who I should ship with Barriss. Otherwise I can't really continue writing this story.

So please choose between Lux and Caleb as to who I should ship Barriss with. That way I can keep writing. 

Thanks for your assistance.

See you soon.