intruder

this might be a little creepy but i'm very into true crime so when i got this idea i knew i had to post it!

something about my apartment does not feel right. the second i walk in, i can feel a sense of dread in the pit of my stomach, like something bad is going to happen.

looking into my kitchen, the first thing i see is that my knife block has been moved and one of the biggest ones is missing. i don't remember using it so i know that it's been moved by someone else. along with that, my couch pillows are in different spots, my bedroom door is open and i can hear a slight creaking coming from another room. panic begins to set in as i know that someone is in my apartment likely to hurt me and i want to run but it's hard to find the strength to do so. i know i need to, though, so i reach into my purse for my phone and silently tiptoe back to the front door.

but as my hand reaches for the door handle, suddenly it hits me that if i just leave, the person might follow me and catch me. i need to convince them that i'm leaving for a specific reason so hopefully they'll stay inside. i think for a second and decide that pretending i forgot something was the best route.

"oh shit," i say aloud, hopefully not too shakily, "i forgot to go to the grocery store. damn it."

i then open the front door as calmly as possible and shut and lock it behind me to not seem odd. as the elevator is slightly in view of my door, i make sure to walk to it normally in case the person is now watching through the peephole. i press the button to go down to the lobby but when the elevator arrives i hit the one for the floor below mine.

when i exit, i run to the apartment right underneath mine, where i know a girl my age lives, and bang repeatedly on the door. it opens less than a minute later and the owner appears with a confused and surprised look on her face.

"hi, i'm sorry to intrude but i think there's someone hiding with a knife in my apartment so can i come in and call the police?" i rush out, hoping she understands what i'm saying.

"oh god, yes, come in," she says. she waves me inside so i rush towards her living room where i see three other girls around my age sitting. they look surprised to see me but when my neighbour comes in and explains, they give me very sympathetic looks and usher me to sit with them.

"oh honey, you're shaking so much," one of the girls, who i now know is named jennie, says. i look down at myself and am shocked to realize that i am. i hadn't noticed before being so hyped up with adrenaline.

"jisoo, call the police," my neighbour, rosie, says. jisoo grabs her phone from her pocket and within a few seconds is relaying everything to the police. she asks me for the information needed and when she hangs up, tells me that the police will be there in a few minutes. i thank her then turn to rosie.

"can i stay here for a bit?" i ask

"of course you can," she replies. she wraps one of her arms around my shoulders and i subconsciously melt into the warmth. it helps my shaking calm down and rosie obviously notices as she does the same with the other arm so i'm locked in her embrace. it feels really nice so i lay my head on my shoulder and close my eyes to try and calm myself down even more.

by the time the first police officer arrives at rosie's apartment, i'm no longer shaking but i feel absolutely exhausted. rosie keeps an arm around my waist while i talk to the police to tell them what happened and even accompanies me up to my apartment when they ask me to.

i feel my gut flip as we step out of the elevator and it very quickly drops when i see two police men dragging out a man. he's chained in handcuffs but when we make eye contact, i know that he still wants to hurt me. i don't recognize him but he seems to recognize me as he gives me a knowing, and creepy, smile.

"hello, (y/n)," he says. "it's great to see you."

a sense of dread washes over me before one of the police officers besides him gives him a swift kick to the stomach and threatens him to shut up himself as they drag him along. rosie's hand begins to rub up and down my arm as the lead detective leads us into the apartment.

"please take a seat so we can chat," he says, gesturing to my couch. rosie and i sit down and the detective takes the seat opposite us.

"i just want to ask you a couple more questions," he says.

"okay," i reply quietly.

"do you know the man that we just saw?"

"no."

"nothing about him seems familiar at all?"

"no, i'm sorry."

he frowns slightly but i know he's not disappointed with me. "it's just that it's obvious that he knows you."

he pulls a piece of paper out of a plastic bag and hands it to me. i check it and my eyes widen seeing my name on it.

hello (y/n), it says. i'm sorry it has to end this way but it is something that needs to be done. when you rejected me those two years ago, i felt like i had my heart shattered in a million pieces. so, i decided that i would do the same to you. funny how things work out, isn't it? i hope this shows you that you need to be nicer to people. goodbye and good luck.

i feel physically ill by the time i finished reading the note. i don't even remember this guy and he's been planning to kill me for the last two years? to think that he probably would have gotten away with if i hadn't noticed the tiny differences in my apartment is absolutely terrifying.

i barely register that i've begun shaking again until rosie tugs the note out of my hands and pulls them up to my chest to wrap her arms completely around me.

"it's okay, you're safe now," she whispers soothingly.

"miss. (y/l/n)," the detective says, pulling my attention to him. "i think it would be best that you stay somewhere else for the time being. i can promise that he won't find you any time soon but it wouldn't be good for you to be alone for the next little while."

"she can stay with me," rosie says. i turn to look at to ask for confirmation and she just nods, smiling gently at me.

"okay," i whisper.

"okay, let's get you packed."

she helps me pack the essentials i'll need then brings me back down to her apartment and shows me to the spare bedroom.

"take all the time you need and when you want to, my friends and i will be in the living room," she tells me. my eyes flutter shut when she leans in to place a soft kiss on my forehead and when she's gone, i collapse right onto the bed. there is so much i want to say, to do, but i physically cannot bring my body to do anything so i lie there until i can no longer keep my eyes open. dreams come fast and although filled with the terror of the day, it makes me feel better that there is always a blonde girl ready to save me.

i don't love this but the concept is cool so here ya go! there will be a smut imagine next so be prepared ;)