honeymoon part 2

a honeymoon part two was a request so here it is!

chaeyoung and i have been on our honeymoon for almost a week now and we have been having the time of our lives. we've done so many fun things so far and i swear i have never been more in love with chaeyoung. this honeymoon has turned out better than i could have ever imagined, i feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

today chaeyoung and i are going to the aquarium and chaeyoung is bouncing up and down in her seat like she's about to explode from excitement. she's got a huge grin on her face as she rambles off about what animals she's excited to see and it's so endearing. she's so beautiful like this, so radiant that it makes me want to pull over to the side of the road and kiss her. my heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest and scurry over to bury itself in its rightful place in her own. i don't blame it.

"babe, pay attention, we don't want to miss the exit," chaeyoung says, giggling cutely at me.

"sorry," i mumble, focusing my eyes back on the road.

"it's okay, i know i'm gorgeous," she says, flipping her hair over her shoulder. i roll my eyes but grin at her anyway. she's not wrong.

when we get to the aquarium, chaeyoung links her fingers with mine and tugs me into the building and over to the front desk. she orders the tickets so i take the opportunity to look around. it's a cute little aquarium and although i don't love aquariums as much as chaeyoung, i'm still excited to go in.

"ready, babe?" chaeyoung asks, slipping the tickets into her purse.

"ready," i reply.

chaeyoung takes my hand again and i lace our fingers together, grinning at our hands as we walk into the first exhibit. living in korea, we're unable to show affection in public a lot of the time so it's really nice to be able to do so now. i love being able to pull chaeyoung into my arms whenever i want and place a kiss on her face. sure we get some unhappy looks sometimes but we've also had a lot of sweet comments from nice old ladies when they see us. it makes chaeyoung blush so prettily so i keep doing it even when she whines a little at me over it. winding her up is one of my favourite activities.

when we get to the first fishes, chaeyoung immediately lets go of me and rushes over to the tank to coo at the small colourful fish. she stands on the little ledge and every time something swims over to her, she greets them in the cute voice she uses on small, cute things. i take a few pictures of the fish, then a few of chaeyoung admiring the fish, then just take a step back and watch her fondly. i'd be happy to stand here and stare at her all day but then she turns to look at me and gestures for us to move to the next tank. i follow her without question, as always.

——

we spend a few hours going through the entire aquarium and by the time we're out, my camera roll is full of pictures of the pretty fish and my even prettier wife. as we sit down in the cafeteria to eat our lunch, i hand my phone to chaeyoung so she can look through them all and see if she wants to have any of them.

"there are a lot of pictures of me here," she teases.

"what can i say, when you have such a beautiful wife, you have to take a lot of pictures," i say. she shakes her head at me but grins as she runs her foot up my leg gently.

"thank you for letting us come here," she says as she hands me my phone back.

"well, i love seeing you being all cute and happy," i say. "plus, i had a good time, too. i'm glad we came."

"good."

we discuss our favourite animals that we saw as we eat our lunch and when we're done, i take chaeyoung to the gift shop so she can buy a souvenir. while she's browsing the stuffed animals, something she's obsessed with, i go over to the jewelry and look at the earrings. chaeyoung and i both love wearing earrings so i thought it'd be really cute to get matching ones. when i lay my eyes on cute little dolphin ones with blue stones in the middle, i know they're the right ones. making sure chaeyoung isn't looking, i by the pairs of earrings and pack them into my purse to hide them until we get back to the hotel. i want them to be a surprise for her.

chaeyoung chooses to buy a stuffed otter and once she has, we leave the aquarium and get back into our rented car.

"shall we head back to the hotel before dinner?" i ask.

"yeah, i need to put ollie in bed," chaeyoung says, stroking the otter's back.

"ollie?"

"what? it's a cute name for an otter."

i laugh and lean over to press a kiss on her cheek.

"i love you," i whisper.

"i know, i love you, too."

——

once back at the hotel, i put my purse down on the table before reaching in to take the two earring boxes out.

"what are those?" chaeyoung asks as she sits down on my lap.

"present," i say. i hand her one of the boxes and watch her face as she opens it. her eyes widen and a huge grin blossoms on her face, making my heart flutter in my chest.

"they're beautiful, thank you," she says. she wraps her arms around my shoulders and kisses me sweetly on the lips. "did you get the same?"

"i did. we can be the gross, match-y couple," i say.

"i can't wait."

we both put our earrings in then cuddle up on the couch with chaeyoung's otter squished between us. i let my eyes fall shut as i get comfortable and sigh in content. i'm so happy.

thank you for reading!