first snow

i know february is late for the first snow but idc lol

also yes, i know it's another proposal one but i've had a lot of writer's block recently so you get what you get, sorry not sorry ;)

there are three important things happening today. first, it's chaeyoung's birthday, second, it's supposed to be the day when the first snow falls, and three, i'm finally going to propose to her.

the planning for the party took a while. i had to make sure i have a ring, be able to get all of our family and friends together, and that i knew when the snow was supposed to start to have the perfect proposal. and keeping it all from chaeyoung was really hard. she is very good at getting me to admit all of my secrets. one look from that cute face is enough for me to crumble. i've had such a hard time but the night is finally here and i don't have to keep it a secret for much longer which i'm grateful for.

people arrive at our apartment slowly throughout the night and at 8pm, everyone is finally here. i managed to get everyone we care about to join us and i made sure to tell them all about my plan to make sure they don't spill anything to anyone.

"when are you going to do it?" one of our closest friends jennie asks, making sure to keep her voice low so chaeyoung doesn't hear.

"when it starts snowing," i reply.

"at the first snow? that's so romantic!" she says it really loudly so i immediately shush her.

"don't let her hear you!" i whisper-shout.

"do you think she'll say yes?"

i give jennie an 'are you fucking serious?' look. "well, i sure hope so, jen. thank you for reminding me that she might not."

jennie blanches. "sorry. she will, i'm sure of it."

i rolls my eyes and get off the couch, not wanting jennie to ruin my hope any more. i find chaeyoung talking to her parents so i walk over and wrap my arms around her waist.

"isn't (y/n) the best?" chaeyoung says, placing a hand over mine. "she threw me the best birthday party ever."

"well, i'm glad you think so if you're going to be spending the rest of your life with her," chaeyoung's mom says. i narrow my eyes at her, shaking my head subtly, and her eyes widen just a little when she realizes what she'd hinted.

"slow down, mom, (y/n) has to propose first," chaeyoung laughs, obviously thinking her mom is joking.

"you know you could get off your ass and propose as well," her dad says.

"i asked her to be my girlfriend, it's her turn," she says, turning her head to look at me.

"you're just going to have to wait," i tease, leaning in to kiss her gently. she grins into my lips and turns fully to wrap her arms around my waist. she deepens our kiss, moving to press me against the wall behind us as if her parents aren't right next to us.

"get a room, you two," her dad teases. chaeyoung giggles into my lips this time and pulls away with soft kiss.

"we'll continue this later," she whispers, sealing her promise with another kiss.

"horndog," i say, playfully rolling my eyes.

"not my fault i have a very sexy girlfriend who throws amazing birthday parties because she loves me a lot," she says.

"not a lot, just a bit."

"okay, sure."

i grin and slide my hands into her hair to pull her head down for one last kiss.