out

this is for @malikstyleshoran727

i had another request before this but the requester has either deleted their account or blocked me so i'm not going to write those ones anymore. if they happen to see this then sorry but if you're not going to read them then there's no point writing them.

i thought today would be just like any other. i would wake up with chaeyoung in my arms, take my shower, eat some food and get to work writing my latest novel while chaeyoung goes to practice. that's our usual routine and i really enjoy it.

however, when i wake up and lean over to grab my phone, my good mood is immediately shattered. my phone has been blown up with texts from our families and friends telling me that mine and chaeyoung's relationship had been leaked.

that takes me back for a second as it's such a surprise. chaeyoung and i have been so careful for the few years we've been together, i didn't think anyone had seen us together. we hoped this wouldn't happen, at least not until we chose to release it anyway. this is one of the worst things that could have happened.

without even checking any of the articles, i pull my arm out from underneath chaeyoung as gently as possible and get out of bed to go into our living room. i immediately dial jennie, chaeyoung's bandmate's, number and thankfully she picked up right away.

"what happened?" i ask.
"dispatch caught you two on your date yesterday," she says.
"and they just released it? without even asking us?"
"they don't have to ask you. they must have talked to someone at the company who said to release it."
"my god, who would do that?"
"i don't know, i'm sorry. we'll try and look into it for you."
i sigh and run a hand through my hair. "okay, thank you."
"does chaeng know?"
"no, i think she's still asleep."
"okay. try and keep her off the internet until we figure out who did it. she was dreading this day so she definitely won't want to hear it. i'll text you updates."

we end the phone call and just as i've put my phone down on the kitchen counter, chaeyoung walks out of the bedroom.

"why are you out of bed, baby?" she asks.

"sorry, i had to pee then i was going to make some coffee," i lie. i don't like to lie to her, i hate doing it, but i can't avoid it this time.

"oh, okay." she shuffles over to me and wraps her arms around my waist. "come back to bed for a bit?"

i pretend to think it over and after a few minutes of silence she whines. it's so cute with her little pout that i can't say no. "just for a little," i tease.

i let her drag me into the bedroom, giggling when she gently pushes me onto the bed before climbing on herself. once she's wrapped up in my arms, she begins to reach out for her phone on the bedside table and my heart stops. i obviously can't let her go onto the internet so, in a bout of quick thinking, i roll over so i'm on top of her and bring her into a kiss.

she seems surprised for a second, i don't blame her, but quickly reciprocates and wraps her previously outstretched arm around my waist. i sneakily flip her phone over so it's face down and once that's taken care of, i tangle my hands in her hair and give into the kiss.

i pull away after a few minutes and grin seeing a dazed look on her face.

"let's have a social media-less morning today," i suggest. "put our phones away and just enjoy being alone together."

"yeah?" she asks. she doesn't seem against the idea though so i continue.

"yeah. we're both online too much so now that you have a rare day off, we should just laze around and binge netflix."

sh grins and lets out a happy sigh. "that sounds great. can i shower first though?"

"of course."

i give her a quick kiss as she gets out of bed and once she's in the shower, i rush into the kitchen and grab my phone before jumping back into bed. just as i turn the screen on, i see a text pop up from jennie.

from: jen

didn't take as long as expected to find who

one of our managers sold you guys out for a certain amount of money, they've been fired and the company wants to talk to chaeng about it

let me know when she can call them!

i thank her for the updates then toss my phone to the end of the bed and lie down with a sigh. i really didn't want to tell chaeyoung but i guess it's inevitable now.

when she comes out of the bathroom, she instantly notices the look of anxiety on my face and frowns.

"you okay, baby?" she asks.

"i have something to tell you, come sit."

she does as i say so i take one of her hands in mine and place a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"someone at your company sold out our relationship so now everyone knows," i say straightforwardly. i know chaeyoung and she doesn't like important things to be sugarcoated.

"what?" she whispers, eyes wide in surprise.

"i don't know all the details but i woke up this morning and saw messages from our friends saying that dispatch revealed our relationship. i called jennie for more information and she just told me what they've found out so far. i'm telling you now because your boss wants to talk to you about it and see where you're going to go from here."

she sighs and the look of despair on her face makes my heart ache. "okay. i guess i should call them then, right?"

"yeah, i guess so," i agree. she picks up her phone off the bedside table and i watch hurt flash through her eyes as she reads everything i saw this morning. i whisper a 'sorry' to her as she dials her boss' number and she just smiles sadly at me before leaning in to press a kiss on my temple.

her call with her boss lasts about an hour and for the most part is difficult for me to listen to. he wasn't mad per se, having already known about us, but obviously he wasn't happy that one of his employees had betrayed them. they talked everything over and all three of us came to the decision that there's no point denying it. dispatch posted pictures of us kissing and that kind of thing is hard to go back on. as hard as it may be for the group and for us, we decided that confirming it would probably be the easiest for us.

so, cuddled up in my arms once again, chaeyoung goes onto her instagram and pulls up a recent picture of the two of us lying in our bed with hank between us. i don't see the caption she types before she posts it but as soon as it pops up on my feed, i read through it.

roses_are_rosie: hi everyone. i'm sure you've all seen the news and have questions so i just wanted to come on here and clarify. yes, i have a girlfriend, we've been dating for almost three years, and i love her. we weren't planning on telling anyone so soon but since it was released we figured we might as well just get it out there. thank you to those of you who will continue to support me after this, you guys mean the world to me. i love you all 💋

i look down at her once i finish reading her sweet message and give her a gentle smile.

"it's great, babe," i tell her. "do you think it'll be okay?"

"i don't know but i hope so. there's not much we can do now so i guess we'll have to wait it out."

"yeah, i guess so."

she tosses her phone down to the end of the bed and turns over in my arms so she's hovering over me.

"let's forget about it for now, okay?" she says. "let's go back to the social media free day you were talking about."

"you want to?"

"i do. we can deal with whatever happens tomorrow but today i want to be with you and only you."

i grin at her cheesy words and nod, tangling my hands in her hair to bring her into a kiss.

despite this, i know that whatever happens, we'll be okay. we have each other and that's all that matters.

thanks for reading! <3