double date

this is going to have exo members in it so if you don't like that then don't read but please don't make any negative comments because they're my favourite group and it hurts when i see negative things about them. thank you for being considerate :)

i never would have imagined that agreeing to a double date would end up like this.

when chaeyoung first asked me, i said yes pretty quickly. i hadn't been on a date since breaking up with my boyfriend almost a year ago so i figured it was probably time to get back out there. when chaeyoung mentioned that she'd met a cute guy named chanyeol and found out that he had a cute single best friend named jongin, she insisted i go on a double date with jongin. for some reason the thought sent a prickle down my spine but i filed it away as nerves about meeting someone new. and anyway, i can never say no to chaeyoung's pretty excited smile.

she set the date for a couple of days later but as i was so busy with school and working, i barely thought about it until suddenly it was the morning of. chaeyoung called me a couple of hours beforehand to remind me and let me know she'd be there in a little while to pick me up. putting my work away for the day, i heave myself out of my desk chair with a sigh and head to my closet. having not been on a date in a while i'm not certain what's appropriate to wear and what isn't but i finally settle on a cute, black pleated skirt, a plain white crop top and a soft blue cardigan. after pairing it with some short black heels, i curl my hair, put on some light makeup and grab my little white purse. as i still have some time i scroll through social media to calm my nerves until chaeyoung arrives.

i hear a knock on my door about twenty minutes before the scheduled date time so i head over and open it, a smile already on my face knowing it's chaeyoung. my smile drops for a second, though, and my breath hitches just slightly when i actually see her. she looks so beautiful in a soft white dress and a black cardigan with her pretty blonde hair flowing down her back. it's almost like it's just hitting me how pretty she really is, despite us being friends for almost ten years already. i feel a jolt in my stomach when i look back up at her face and find her looking at me with the same surprised expression as me.

"w-wow, you look great, chae," i say, clearing my throat when it cracks embarrassingly.

"s-so do you," she replies. after a second she shakes her head slightly, so lightly that i barely saw it, then gives me a soft smile. "shall we go?"

i nod in reply, not able to trust myself to say anything that makes any sense, and follow her down to her car.

the drive to the fair we're meeting the boys at takes only a couple of minutes but they're the longest minutes of silence i've ever experienced. i try to think of so many things to say to chaeyoung but i'm just completely blank. i've never had a problem with talking to her before so what's going on today?

once at the fair, chaeyoung gives me another small, cute smile then heads towards the entrance, me trailing behind. she hands our tickets to the man at the stand, who (annoyingly) checks her out with a cocky smirk on his face, then links her arm with mine so we don't get separated as we enter. once inside, she stands on her toes for a second to look around and, when she finds the boys, turns to me and points over in their direction. i nod and let her lead me to them, heart thumping in my chest in nerves and absolute confusion. seriously, what the hell is wrong with me?

i look up just in time to see the boys and i'm glad to see that both of them are incredibly attractive. i'm not sure which one is jongin but i'd be happy with either of them.

no you wouldn't, my sub-conscious says, not when you want the girl beside you.

as we're approaching the boys, the slightly shorter one catches sight of us and nudges the taller before pointing at us. the taller turns his head in our direction and a cute grin takes over his face as both of them bow politely to us. chaeyoung and i bow back then she lets go of me to give the taller a friendly hug.