meeting

request for @AvacadoForRosie!

sorry i haven't updated in a while, i've just been in the wrong mood i guess. but big things have been happening and i'm pretty excited because i'm going to be getting a tattoo soon! i hope it doesn't hurt too much lol

anyway, enough of me, you can read now 

meeting rosie's parents is something i've been...not dreading but...well, i guess dreading, since we got together. it's not like i don't want to meet them, of course, i know they're super nice people, but because of us being a not-straight couple we never know who's going to be accepting. rosie has tried to assure me multiple times to assure me it's going to be okay but it's different this time.

see, when i introduced rosie to my parents as my girlfriend, they'd already seen it coming. she and i had been friends for years already and they knew before i did that i liked her. i wasn't really worried for them but this is completely terrifying.

as rosie's parents live in australia i've never met them but now they're visiting and rosie wants to tell them. don't get me wrong, i want her to tell them because i want everyone to know we're together, but i'm worried. i want them to like and accept me and there's a chance they won't.

the morning of the meeting, i'm unable to stomach any kind of food or drink. all i can do is sit on the couch, leg shaking, and wait anxiously for the time to come. but even when it finally does come, i don't feel any better.

"it'll be okay, baby," rosie says once we're in the car. she puts a hand on my thigh to try and calm me down but i can barely feel it.

"what if they don't like me?" i mumble.

"they'll love you, (y/n)," she assures me. "you know why? because i love you."

"do they know that you're, you know...bisexual?"

rosie hesitates for a second. "well...not quite."

"oh, great," i groan.

"but they're very open-minded, though. even though they don't know, i know they'll be okay with it. you seriously don't have to worry."

i'm still not convinced but i let it go for the moment. i need to work on calming myself down before we get there instead of worrying even more.

when we pull up in front of the restaurant, rosie gets out of the car first then comes around to my side and opens the door for me. she takes one of my hands in hers and gives me a gentle smile as we head into the restaurant.

"just breathe, baby," she whispers, her other hand rubbing up and down my back.

"are you sure about this?" i ask.

"of course i'm sure. we've talked about this, if we want to take the next step in our relationship they need to meet you."

i still feel scared but thinking about finally being able to start planning our future like we want helps a little so i'm able to nod with a smile.

"okay," i say. "i love you."

"i love you, too."

after a quick kiss, she slides her hand out of mine to put it on my lower back and guide me towards her parents.

"hi mom, dad," she says when we reach them.

"oh, rosie! it's so good to see you again!" her mom says, jumping out of her seat to pull rosie into a hug. i watch with a smile as they reunite then rosie walks back over to me and we sit down on the other side of the table.

"this is (y/n)," rosie says once we're settled.

"hello mr. and mrs. park, it's nice to meet you," i say. i bow and feel instant relief when rosie's mom coos. 

"you're so sweet," she says. "it's nice to meet you, too. we always love meeting rosie's friends."

i smile politely as rosie slides a hand into mine under the table.

"actually, that's something i want to talk to you about," she says. her parents both turn to look at her with confusion and i watch as she suddenly becomes even more nervous than me. i squeeze her hand reassuringly, hoping to give her a little strength despite having barely any myself.

"you're probably a little confused about why i brought (y/n) for lunch today," she starts.

"we'll admit that it did cross our minds, yes," her dad agrees.

"well, um...i guess there's no other way to say it than she and i are dating and living together. we want to get married eventually, have a family and spend the rest of our lives together."

she says it all so fast i don't know if there's any way her parents understood it. i rub up and down her arm to calm her down and take the chance to have a sneaky look at her parents. to my utter relief, they're both smiling fondly at rosie and me.

"how worried were you to tell us?" her mom asks.

"quite nervous," rosie says breathlessly. "not as nervous as (y/n), though."

i glare at her but it fades when her parents laugh.

"honey, we don't care who you love as long as you're happy," her dad says. "we're thankful that you wanted to introduce us to your partner and of course we'll accept her with open arms."

he turns to me then and gives me a friendly wink which makes me giggle.

"if you love each other, that's all we could ask for," her mom adds before also turning to me. "welcome to the family. we can't wait to get to know you more."

"thank you so much, i can't wait either," i reply.

rosie's dad quickly goes to teasing her about 'thank god you can't get pregnant' so i just sit back and listen to them. it's obvious there is so much love between the three of them and i feel so lucky to be joining such a wonderful family. knowing that her parents accept me and want to get to know me makes me feel overjoyed.

my high lasts all the way through lunch and by the time rosie and i are home, i can't believe i ever felt nervous. we had so much fun and i'm so excited to see them again at our dinner date at the end of the week.

"my dad really likes you," rosie says as she flops down on the couch. "he's excited that you love to cook like him."

that makes me grin. "i really like him, too. and your mom. you were right, they're great people."

"they are. i knew they were going to love you." she slides onto my lap so i wrap my arms around her waist and rest my head on her shoulder. "and now we can discuss our future."

"i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, miss park," i say.

"i can't wait either, miss (y/l/n). you're never getting rid of me now."

"wouldn't dream of it."

hope you liked this! <3