she's dancing like a stripper・2

it takes me a few days before i'm finally able to work up the courage to message chaeyoung. i saved her number the day she gave it to me but i've been too nervous to actually do anything with it yet. it isn't until the other girls begin to nag me about it that i decide enough is enough. i've missed her a lot, she's easily taken over my mind and is all i can think about, and i want to know if she feels the same.

i type out, delete, then re-type a message about a hundred times before sticking with one that i finally think is good enough.

hello, chaeyoung (rosé). it's (y/n) from a few days ago, it says.

yeah, it's boring, but it's a decent and safe way to start a conversation. i send it and immediately toss my phone across the room so i won't be tempted to stare at it until a text comes in.

and god, it feels like hours before my phone finally buzzes. in reality it's only about fifteen minutes but when i finally hear that sound, my heart leaps in my chest. i practically dive onto my bed to grab my phone and a grin forms on my face when i see chaeyoung's name on the screen.

well, hello beautiful, she sends, i've missed you. how are you doing?

she misses me?! thank god i'm not the only one.

i've been good, thank you, and you?

good, thank you.

before i can respond another text comes through.

any plans to come back to vegas soon?

i grin. she really does want to see me again.

not at the moment, unfortunately. you should come to l.a one day, though.

that sounds very tempting. would i get to see you?

of course, if you'd like that.

oh, i would. very much.

another typing bubble pops up so i sit back to let her finish. it disappears and reappears a couple of times, as she obviously struggles with what to say, before the message finally comes through.

call me?

i accept immediately, leaving the message app to switch onto the phone and press on her contact. it rings a couple of times before chaeyoung finally picks up and just the sweet sound of her breathing has my own breath catching in my throat.

"hello, (y/n)," she says.

"hello, chaeyoung," i reply. "or do you prefer rosé?"

"you can call me anything, gorgeous, and i'll be happy."

"okay. rosie."

she giggles and the sound makes my stomach clench. she has the prettiest voice.

"that is...adorable," she says.

"yeah?"

"yeah. i love the sound of your voice when you say my name."

i don't usually blush but having her compliment me just does something to me. i probably look like a fifteen year old girl talking to her first crush but i can't help it. that's what rosie makes me feel like.

"that's good, i plan on having you hear it for a while longer," i say.

i hope she's blushing as much as i am.

"me too," she says.

we talk for a few more hours and by the time rosie hangs up, we've made plans for her to visit in a few weeks. it's the earliest she can do with getting time off her job but i'm relieved; i need time to make sure i'm ready to see the woman of my dreams again.