proposal

the thought of proposing is something i've been thinking about for months. chaeyoung and i haven't been together for very long, it's only been a year, but the love i have for her is never going to fade so why not make official.

the decision to propose doesn't take too long but the actual proposal takes so much longer than i expected. she and the rest of blackpink are off on tour so trying to find a time and place is difficult. i talk to jisoo, jennie and lisa about it and we decide that it would be nice to do it when the girls are in australia. i can bring my parents over with me and we can have dinner at her house with her family and i can pop the question.

after that decision, i shop for the ring. having known chaeyoung for years i know what she likes and the shopping doesn't last too long. i make sure i get the approval of my parents and the other girls and everything is set.

——

the day before blackpink's concert, my family and i arrive in australia. chaeyoung knows i'm coming and we've planned the dinner for that evening. i'm so nervous, there's always the chance she could say no, but i won't know unless i try. even if she does say no it doesn't mean we'll break up. maybe she'll just want to wait. it's better than never.

we arrive at her family's house about an hour before dinner and, after hugging all of them, the other girls take me to chaeyoung. i plop down on her lap on the couch, effectively scaring her from looking at her phone.

"god, (y/n)," she says, rubbing a hand over her heart. "you scared me."

"sorry," i say. she just grins and leans in to kiss me.

"i missed you," she whispers.

"i missed you, too, baby," i reply. i kiss her again then get off her to greet her family. she introduces me to her grandparents who i haven't met yet and i'm relieved when they greet me warmly. i was worried that they'd be against our relationship like mine are.

chaeyoung and i go back to the living room and sit with the rest of the girls, chaeyoung deciding my lap is more comfortable than the couch.

"you need to eat more, you're too light," i say.

"says you," she says. "look at this, i've been gone like a week and you're already all skin and bones."

"i've been exercising," i say.

"you hate exercise. what's the occasion?"

"there is none, i'm just tired of being fat."

"baby, you were never fat."

"you're just saying that to be nice. it's okay, i'm
happy with my body now."

"good. but you're beautiful no matter what, okay? i love you."

"i love you, too."

she cups my cheeks and places several kisses on my lips before pulling away to cuddle up against me.

"you guys are disgustingly cute," jennie says.

"we know," chaeyoung and i both reply.

——

dinner is ready about half an hour later so we all take a seat at the table and begin eating. i'm nervous the whole time. my left leg is bouncing up and down at a rapid pace while my left hand continues to tighten around the ring in my pocket.

"you okay, love," chaeyoung asks when she notices.

"yeah," i reply. she doesn't seem to believe me but she turns back around anyway. less than a second later her hand slides onto my leg and i feel her thumb rub circles on my inner thigh. i smile to myself as i slide my hand under hers and link our fingers together.

i wait until everyone is finished their dinner then i clear my throat and stand up from the table.

"could i have everyone's attention please?" i ask. everyone turns to look at me and i feel my heart stop in nervousness. chaeyoung looks utterly confused beside me but squeezes my hand in a reassuring way once she sees how scared i am.

"so, um, i've been thinking about something for a while and i decided that it was finally time to stop thinking and just do it," i say. i look down at chaeyoung beside me and sit back down to take her hands in mine. "chaeyoung, baby, i love you so much. i've never loved anyone as much as i love you and i know i never will. i know we're really young and you're busy with the group but that's okay. i'll wait for however long i have to just to be with you forever."

i pull the ring out of my pocket and i hear a few gasps as chaeyoung cups her hands around her mouth.

"i love you and i want to spend the rest of my life with you. we don't have to get married right away, we can wait as long as you want, but i want to make us official." i take a deep breath then extend the ring to chaeyoung. "park chaeyoung, will you marry me?"

there's not even a second of hesitation before chaeyoung whispers a "yes". our families erupt into cheers but i can barely hear it over my heart pounding in my chest as i put the ring on chaeyoung. she grabs my face in her hands and pulls me towards her to kiss me.

"i love you so much," she whispers.

"i love you, too," i reply. i kiss her again, grinning when her head falls to my shoulder as she stares at the ring.

the decision to propose was an easy one and i know that our marriage will be even easier, as long as we're together.

so, yeah! basically i had a dream where i proposed to rosé and this is vaguely based off of that. i hope you liked it! :)