kissing booth

just a heads up, this is an imagine i was going to write for another book so if some of the names are wrong i'm sorry but i'm too lazy to double check right now lol

sometimes being one of the most popular girls in the high school can be fun. i try not to let it go to my head but it's obvious that i'm popular. in fact, my three closest friends and i are probably the most popular. it can get annoying when random high school boys and girls think they have a chance with me, but i love having lots of friends. i like being able to pretty much do anything with no consequences.

one time being popular really comes in handy is for my high school's fundraising fair. the students were told to come up with some kind of way to raise money and my friends thought it would be funny for me to make a kissing booth. as i am one of the most confident of them, they decided that i would be the one to do it. i don't really have a problem with it, i hopes i'll get to kiss some cute boys and girls.

there's one girl that i especially want to kiss: the cute new transfer student, park chaeyoung.

the two of us have had a flirty relationship since chaeyoung joined the school three months ago. we've never actually hooked up or done anything more than playfully flirt, despite knowing we're both attracted to each other, and i'm getting tired of it. sure we're going to the same university but i want to get a taste of her before we graduate. i hope she'll come to my booth so i can finally kiss her.

the day of the fair is both nerve-wracking and exciting for me. i'm set up at a booth in one corner and have been busy ever since the fair began. i made a rule that i would only kiss the people who came on the cheeks but that doesn't seem to have deterred any of them so i've made quite a bit of money already. unfortunately chaeyoung hasn't come around yet and i'm getting tired of waiting.

at around midday, lisa perks up beside me before turning to me with a grin.

"look who's coming!" she says, nodding over to our right. i turn to look and my eyes widen when i see that chaeyoung and her close friend ashley have appeared. i don't know if she's seen me yet but i'm suddenly energized again. after fixing my clothes, i reaches into my purse and grab my breath spray to make sure i'm presentable for when chaeyoung comes.

she looks over in my direction after a few minutes and immediately a smirk breaks out over her face. i see her say something to her friend then they both begin to walk over, a mix of intrigued and amused.

"what's this?" chaeyoung asks as she reaches me.

"A kissing booth," i reply.

"i see. going well?"

"very well. but i have noticed i haven't seen you here yet."

chaeyoung's smirk widens and my gut clenches at the gleam of amusement in her eyes. "well i'm here now. how much for a kiss?"

"depends where you want it," i reply. obviously the rule doesn't apply to her.

"hmmm...here?" she points to her cheek.

"$2."

"here?" her nose.

"still $2."

"what about here?" her forehead.

"i'd say $3."

chaeyoung pretends to consider that for a second before shaking her head with an exaggerated frown.

"not good enough," she says. "what about here?"

she points to her lips this time and i mentally cheer at my win.

"that's a tough one...seeing as no one else got a kiss there, i'm going to say $5."

"well, i guess it's lucky that i have an extra $5 then, isn't it," she says, voice suddenly almost an octave deeper.

"yes, very lucky," i agree. i watch her reach into her pocket and my breath catches in my throat when she pulls out a $5 bill and slides it into the money box.

"better make this count then, (y/l/n)," she says.

"oh, you bet i will, park," i reply. reaching a hand through the hole in my display, i grab chaeyoung's shirt in my fist and tug her closer.

the second our lips meet, my legs feel weak beneath me. i have to drop my hands to the table to steady myself so chaeyoung slides one of her hands into my hair to keep me close. she deepens the kiss almost immediately, moving her mouth against mine and nibbling on my bottom lip, making my stomach quiver.

i'm vaguely aware that everyone in our general area is probably watching us make out but chaeyoung's lips feel so soft against mine and are making me feel so good i don't care. after dreaming of kissing her for so long, i doesn't want this to ever end.

unfortunately i'm eventually forced to pull away when i hear the familiar cough of the school principal. without looking at chaeyoung, i lift my eyes to the principal who's looking between the two of us with raised eyebrows and crossed arms.

"i thought we agreed on no lip kisses," she says.

i open my mouth to respond but find that chaeyoung's kiss completely erased my mind so i can't form a sentence to explain.

"it's okay, she's my girlfriend," chaeyoung says, taking me by surprise for a second. luckily when the principal looks back to me again, i'm able to nod and give her what i hope is a reassuring smile.

"alright but just keep it off school time, okay?" she says.

"yes ma'am," chaeyoung and i both reply. she walks away so i turn back to look at chaeyoung and find her already looking at me. she looks so flustered that it knocks all of my awkwardness away so i can make fun of her.

"so, i'm your girlfriend, huh?" i ask.

i expect an embarrassed response but she surprises me when she says: "do you want to be?"

"yes," i reply, no hesitation.

"good. thanks for the kiss, girlfriend."

"thank you for paying me to kiss you, girlfriend."

she winks at me and after blowing me a kiss, links her arm with ashley's and leaves. as soon as she's out of hearing range, my friends start to squeal as they jump on me and tease me about what just happened. i can barely hear anything they say, though, mind still muddled from chaeyoung's lips and finally having her as my girlfriend.

what a day.

sorry the ending is a little abrupt but i was having trouble finishing it lol hope you liked it anyway!