eyes on us

y'all i just read the twilight series again for like the 30th time and i can't let go of it so this will be a vampire story LOL hope you enjoy

also 1920s rosie ^^

my girlfriend rosie and i have been together for almost a century now. we met in the late 1920s when rosie was human, a beautiful upcoming model, and i had already been a vampire for 20 years, having been turned just after my 26th birthday in 1908. when we first laid eyes on each other we immediately fell for each other. she was everything i'd been looking for throughout my, still relatively short, life and it seemed that she felt the same way. not wanting to have any secrets with her i told her about myself not long after we met and, to my surprise and joy, she didn't care. we started dating almost immediately and only a couple of months later, rosie begged me to change her into a vampire as well. i was not for it at first, not wanting to ruin her life permanently just in case she decided she didn't want me in the future, but when she began to threaten her life if i didn't, i had to give in. i couldn't bear to lose her.

rosie took to immortal life beautifully. she was already the most beautiful woman i'd ever laid eyes on but the perfectness that came with being a vampire just fit her like it did no one else. she was meant to be a vampire, and she believed the same. she was over the moon with her new appearance and lifestyle. i was slightly worried that she would not feel the same for me as she did when she was human but, thank whatever god there may be out there, she did. in fact she seemed to feel stronger. i'll admit that for the first decade or so that we were together, we rarely left the house because we couldn't bear to be dressed around each other. we got over it a little as time went on but still, even to this day, we very much like being intimate. i mean, why wouldn't we when we don't sleep or eat. what else is there to do?

in the century that we've been vampires together, we've mastered being around humans without being drawn to kill them. just like in that popular novel series twilight, that rosie and i enjoy very much because of how we relate to it and secretly joke is written about us, we only drink animal blood. i hadn't been living like that before i met rosie but she was so insistent that she didn't want to harm any innocent people that we made the decision together. it was hard to get used to but i'm really glad we made the switch. it's a lot more fun to be able to live around people then being nomads travelling around everywhere, never having a home. not that rosie and i have been able to just live in one place our whole existence because people would catch on to the fact that we don't age, but we are usually able to spend around a decade in each place, acting through our mid-twenties to mid-thirties. we've lived all over the world but where we are right now is by far my favourite; back in new york city where rosie and i first met. the city has great meaning for both of us and we're so happy that we get to be back here again.

right now, as we've been in the city for around 3 years, we're both pretending to be 29. rosie is working as a model again, for the first time since she was a human, while i'm a professor at columbia university. i completed my doctorate in the 1970s and since then i work as a professor in every city and country we move to. i keep having to change the date when i recieved my doctorate to make it seem more realistic for future employers and so far it's worked really well for me. i'm always able to easily get a job and earn very good wages, letting rosie and i live a more than comfortable lifestyle. i love teaching, and it probably helps that my appearance makes my students want to attend my lectures and therefore do well in my class. it's great, i couldn't be happier.

the only thing i don't love is all the eyes on us whenever we leave our apartment. rosie excels in the spotlight, loves the way people look at her and admire her, but it's a lot harder for me. while i know that in my immortal skin i'm aesthetically beautiful and slender like all women want to be, i've never been very self-involved. not that rosie is or anything, it's just she's very comfortable being the centre of attention. when i was human i preferred to be in the background, not having everyone notice me. i know it's different now, it's practically impossible for me to not be in the spotlight, but i still haven't been able to get out of that mindset. sometimes i wish i could be like rosie but honestly she's enough for the both of us and we balance each other out in a perfect way. i can only stand being in the public eye when i'm with rosie for this reason, not alone.

rosie loves it when we get invited to parties. she's able to dress up in all of the gorgeous, expensive outfits she loves to buy and show both of us off to everyone. this time it's a party for one of my colleagues who's retiring. it's the first party thrown by faculty members at the university since i joined so i feel like i don't have the option to not go. and anyway, i wouldn't deny rosie the chance to dress up and finally meet my colleagues. so, for that reason, we both put on nice dresses and drive down to the university where the party is taking place.

"how many of them know about me?" rosie asks in her beautiful bell-like voice.

"most. not because i'm worried about telling them, just because i haven't had the chance to talk to all of them yet," i reply.

"do you think they'll be accepting?"

"rosie, the second they look at you they're going to fall in love with you. even if they're not okay with same-sex relationships they'll love you."

she grins at that, leaning over to press a kiss on my cheek.

i was right. the second we walk into the room, all eyes are on us. it's like a magnetic pull, without realizing it we just draw attention. i watch all of the men, and some women, take rosie in for the first time and hear every single one of their hearts pick up their paces. blood rushes into their cheeks and once again i'm so glad rosie and i don't drink human blood. i wrap an arm around her waist and we glide into the room towards my colleague to greet him.

"frank, thank you so much for inviting us," i say, reaching out to shake his hand.

"ah, (y/n), thank you for coming," he says. "and this must be your lovely partner."

"yes, this is my future wife rosie."

rosie giggles at that, drawing attention to us again because of the prettiness of it.

"you'll have to ask me first if you want to call me that," she teases. frank smiles at her and she grins back. his heart rate quickens just a little but i don't let it bother me. rosie loves me and she isn't into 70 year old men.

"well, i should probably introduce rosie to other people but it was nice to see you," i say to frank.

"you too," he says. "and it was nice to meet you, rosie. (y/n) talks very highly of you."

rosie grins at me, linking her arm with mine.

"it was nice to meet you, too," she says. "i hope you enjoy your retirement."

we say our goodbyes then and are quickly called over to talk to my boss.

throughout the evening we're approached by every single person in the room, eager to get to know rosie. by the end of the night they're all desperately in love with her and she has many new phone numbers. i know she's going to delete them as soon as we get home but she sure loves to lead people on. i think it's cute.

when we get back to our apartment, rosie tugs me into our bedroom and pushes me down on our extra-sturdy bed.

"i had fun," she says as she climbs onto my lap.

"i'm glad," i say.

"thank you for taking me to meet them."

"anytime, baby." she leans down to kiss me but as i open my mouth to deepen it, she pulls back.

"were you serious about the 'future wife' thing?" she asks.

i grin. "100% serious."

"are you going to ask me some day?"

"of course i am. i turned you so we'd never be apart, we're going to get married. soon."

"good."

she leans down to kiss me again then and any conversation about marriage is paused, though it doesn't stop me thinking about it in the back of my mind. i can't wait to marry her, meeting her a century ago is the best thing that's ever happened to me and i'm so grateful i get to spend the rest of my immortal existence with her.

hope you like this!!