fake

i hear my apartment door open and knowing it's chaeyoung home from her meeting, i open my arms for a hug and wait for her to walk into the living room. when she does, however, my arms drop seeing the serious look on her face.

"what's wrong, baby?" i ask, rushing over to pull her into a hug. i know she was really confused about being called into an impromptu meeting and now i'm worried that something bad happened.

"they know," she says as she lays her head on my shoulder.

"know about us?"

"yes."

i let out a deep sigh as i bring my hand up to rub my forehead. i really didn't want this to happen so soon.

when we first began dating about a year ago, we decided that we weren't going to tell anyone but people close to us. as we're both girls and we live in south korea, we know that we're not going to get a lot of support from the general public. there's also the fact that she's in the world famous k-pop group blackpink and i'm just a regular, boring person. there are a lot of things against our relationship but we're in love so we're keeping it secret.

we didn't expect to have anyone other than close friends find out until blackpink disbanded and we could just be together as normal. we especially didn't want her company to know so soon. chaeyoung was certain that they'd try to break us up and we don't want that. having this be public knowledge already cannot be a good thing for us.

"okay," i whisper. i take her hand in mine and lead her over to the couch to talk. "what did they say?"

"well, they're not happy," she says. "they said i should have told them when we began dating so they could figure things out."

"what do they need to figure out?"

"i don't know. they want us to break up."

i sighed again, shaking my head. "yeah, i figured."

"but we won't right?" she asks.

"of course we won't, i love you," i assure her, bringing her hand up to my mouth to kiss it.

"i love you, too."

she shuffles closer and cups my cheeks in her hands, bringing me into a soft kiss. i immediately wrap my arms around her waist and tug her to sit on my lap as i deepen the kiss just a little.

she doesn't let it get too far though before she pulls away. i notice a frown still on her face and i know there's something that she isn't telling me.

"what is it?" i ask.

"they're forcing me into a false relationship," she whispers.

my heart drops into my stomach but i try to make it not seem so obvious as i lift a hand up to push her hair out of her face.

"with who?"

"park chanyeol."

my mouth drops open in surprise and i quickly bring my hands up to cover it. well, that changes everything.

"as in from exo?" i ask.

"yes," she replies, now smiling a little. "i know you love him."

"of course i love him! i love him almost as much as i love you! can i meet him?"

she giggles but i can tell she's still a little upset about the whole thing. "you're not upset?"

i drop my hands back down to rest on her thighs and give her a gentle smile.

"i'm not happy but if you had to fake date anyone then i'm glad it's him," i say honestly. "he seems like a nice guy and i trust him to fake date you."