skater girl

so i don't know anything about skateboarding so just pretend that this stuff is right LOL

i've never been one that's good at sports or anything athletic but i always love to join my friends when they go to the skate park. one reason is because it's fun to watch people skating as i've always been intrigued by how it works, but the main reason is a girl that started showing up a couple of weeks ago. i don't know her name or anything about her but i love to watch her. she's such a natural skater it's almost entrancing. watching her these past few weeks has made me want to start learning to skate which is why the next time i go to the park with my friends, i ask my best friend mae to teach me.

we arrive before the skater girl does so i have a little time to get used to standing on the board to make sure she doesn't see me utterly fail. by the time she does arrive just about twenty minutes later, i'm stable enough to move on the board as long as mae is holding my hands and walking with me. i see skater girl look at us out of the corner of my eye and my heart leaps into my throat seeing a smirk on her face. it's not a rude smirk, though, more amused, like she thinks it's cute that i'm trying to skate. that's what i'm taking it as anyway, because i couldn't handle thinking that it was anything else.

mae teaches me the basics for a little longer and after about an hour at the park i'm able to skate on a flat surface without any help. i'm not very confident but i'm also not shaking as much as i was when i first started so that's a win in my book. i turn back to grin at mae, proud that i had accomplished even just a little, but it falters slight when i see skater girl skating up to me. i feel my stomach clench in anticipation and suddenly i'm unable to breathe, especially when i see that smirk back on her face. it makes her already beautiful face even more so, it's almost unsettling. how can someone be so...perfect?

"first time?" she asks once she's close enough.

"u-uh, yeah," i reply. i mentally facepalm the awkwardness of my response but it makes skater girl's smirk widen

"i could tell," she says, laughing lightly. again, from someone else that would seem like an insult but the way she says it and the look on her face tells me she's not being serious. "you're not bad, though. you've got the basic form down, you just need more confidence."

to my surprise, she jumps down off her board and walks over until she's standing right in front of me. then, to my (sort of) horror, she brings her hands to grip at my hips and begins to move me into a certain position.

"if you spread your legs just a little wider, you'll be more stable so you'll feel more confident," she says as she grabs my right thigh and pulls it so my legs are spread. the feeling of her hands on my inner thigh sends a shiver up my spine and when she looks up at me again i know she can see the affect of it in my eyes as she smirks once again.

"pay attention," she says, a teasing lilt in her voice. i flush a deep red and drop my eyes to my feet, pretending to be focusing on what she's doing. she laughs but luckily for me, forgoes teasing again and continues to move my body into the right position.

when she deems me fit, she steps back and gestures for me to try it out. part of me doesn't want to do it in front of her in case i make an absolute ass of myself (totally possible), but i also don't want to let her down so i suck it up and push off on my board. perhaps i shouldn't be surprised how much more comfortable i already feel on the board. this girl is a great skater, she could be a pro, so of course she knows how to set someone else up properly.

feeling confident for once, i attempt to turn in a circle to head back towards her but suddenly lose my footing and tumble to the ground. i let out a wince when my hip hits the ground but nothing beats the pain of embarrassment when skater girl rushes over to me.