Healing

"Loving ourself through the process of owning your own story is the bravest thing we will ever do".
-Brene Brown

The trip to the country house was just what we needed. On the first day Diego and I take Sophia for a long walk in her buggy. It made such a difference not hearing the bustle of the city. But instead the sounds of the water of the brook on the property. On Thursday I decide I did want the rest of Diego's family there. They were hurting as much as us and I missed them. I wanted to be cooking with Laila, going on walks with the queen and most importantly. I wanted to see my husband laughing with his father again.

We were just served breakfast when, "Call the rest of the family we need to be together at this time".

"Really?" Ask Diego. I nod and smile brightly at him.

"Thank you", he calls his father and invites his family to our mini getaway.

He was hurting too and seeing the relief on his face made me feel like a heel. He needed his other family members here. He had no cousins just really old 2nd and 3rd cousins with their own family that he barely saw outside of full family get togethers. His sister and his friends were the only people except for his parents he had to talk to.

I knew Antonio and Diego had a talk before he left for Denmark. I was grateful for that.

There are somethings you can 't talk to your best friends about. The situation with Anette and Emma isn't something he could talk to his regular friends about none of us could. We knew that but luckily for him his best friend his a prince.

After breakfast the butler, housekeeper, Diego and I got the rooms ready for Laila, Camila and Roberto. When their rooms look how I wanted it to. I drag Diego in the kitchen with me while I decided what to make us for dinner.
I decided to make ziti and olive bread with a watermelon salad for dinner. Diego wanted to make something to contribute to the meal. So he decided to make the one thing he could make well a garlic roast chicken. When he was finish Diego checks to make sure we have enough juice in to make non alcoholic cocktails later.

The family maded a joint decision after the execution to not drink any alcohol for a whole month. We understood that bringing alcohol into a situation where it's not necessary. Can with time make it a necessary thing in your life. Addiction was something we didn't want to have to content with after everything we had all been through.

I dress Sophia up in a light blue onesie with yellow daffodils on it. I had on a yellow playsuit and Diego was wearing black chinos and a white polo shirt.

We heard the car and go outside to meet the rest of the family. Laila runs out the car holding her hands out to take Sophia.

"Hey guys", she kisses me on the cheek then Diego. I watch the king and queen exit the car.

"I really need this, the peace and quiet we will have here will be blissful. By the way all next weeks engagements have been rescheduled. We need this time as a family to just relax".

Diego and I were visually shocked at that news. I curtsy to their majesties and thank them for the extra days they have given us in the country.

"Let me take that bag from you Camila."

I show them to their rooms then we all go into the living room for a cold drink and a catch-up. Carmella the nanny takes Sophia from her grandma to put her down for her nap.

"Listen mum no noise just nature".

"I know Laila we can go fishing while we're up here".

"Fishing!" I say confusingly, Diego and his father laughs.