Image

"Change is hard at first, Messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end".
                                                                        -Robin Sharma

"So how are you feeling after this afternoon any regrets?"   Diego ask me

"None", I say truthfully.

"I'm so glad you're here I have the next three weeks free so I'm all yours".

"I would love to go to the beach while I'm here".

"We can do that a friend of mine has a beach house on private land we will be guaranteed privacy while there".

"Sounds good, I would love a sight seeing tour but that's not possible is it without the press finding out about us?"

"I'm sorry unless we do it at night I can't see how it can be done. A year from now I promise to take you sightseeing properly".

"It's a date and there's still fun things for us to do while I'm here and friends for me to make".

"I'm really sorry about the tour Vic".

I touches his arm. "It's okay I get it Diego it's only been five month and it's too soon to tell the media about me".

That night dinner was lovely it was just me and Diego's family. His father was such a funny and sarcastic person.

"I have engagements to do while you're here but luckily nothing overseas."

"That's great Lelia I can't wait to meet some of both yours and Diego's friends". 

"They're looking forward to meeting you too. Of course the party mummy is throwing for you will be fun. Some of our friends are coming".

After dinner we all went to the music room, I walk towards the piano.

"You play?" Ask the queen.

"I do".

I sit on the bench and start playing Gershwin Rhapsody In Blue. It was my favourite piece of his to listen to and play for the piano. As my hands glide over the keys on the piano I became lost in the beauty of the piece. I finish playing the piece to rapturous applause.

"My dear that was beautiful you could be a concert pianist", says Camille looking thoroughly impressed.

"Thank you your majesty".

Diego looks very proud as he stares at me,  "Darling that was marvellous".

"Thank you".

Not long after Diego and I retired to our room.

"Next week I'm taking you to the beach and we're going to stay at my friend Matteo's summerhouse. I arranged it earlier today".

"I can't wait to go and tomorrow I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking. The pasta sauce will take hours to make".

"You still haven't told me what you're cooking yet".

"It's a surprise".

The next day I leave Diego sleeping while I have a shower and did my usual bathroom routine. Since I would be cooking most of the morning I chose to wear sweats. I make my way down to the kitchen and greet everyone.

I gather all the ingredients to make a traditional pasta sauce. Then ask the chefs to prep the ingredients for me. While I made different types of bread. Including a traditional Sardinia bread from a recipe I found online.