Happy

"The final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands"
                                                            -Helen Keller

"My son is interested in you so of course I'm going to check you out".

"I've been in rehab as you're aware".

"I know what the papers say now tell me your side of it".

I told her and Lelia the truth leaving nothing out. I was well aware if I lied and something came up later on it wouldn't look good for me.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that dear and she hit you not knowing Leila was in the bathroom with you".

"Yes".

"Why didn't you tell me just how bad it was for you Vic?"

"I'm a druggie".

"No you're not",  says Camila, Antonio's mother. "You were a child who was forced to take speed and it opened you up to other drugs. Yes you didn't help yourself running around with the wrong crowd and your reputation in the press isn't great either. Luckily that's easy enough to turn around.  What do you do now for relaxation and to relax dear?"

"I learnt to cook in rehab and I'm really good at it."

"When you come to visit us you must cook us something and I suggest you start learning Italian as soon as possible my dear".

"I will Your Majesty especially since Diego learnt Danish for me".

"Good I hope to meet you sooner rather than later and dear it's nice to know you're still a virgin. The papers would have us believe that you were a wild child sleeping with every man you were link to".

"Mum!" Says a mortify Leila.

"What, we're women I say tell him. A man likes to know they're your first they will be more gentle with you too".

"Mum please leave the room". Camilla laughs and says goodbye to me.

"I'm sorry about mum Vic, look I have to go but enjoy yourself and I hope to see you in person soon".

"Your mum is really nice you're lucky to have such a nice person as your mother".

"I'm, now go cuddle up with your boyfriend".

"Bye", we say together

I go downstairs to see Diego putting one of my pies in the oven when he sees me he walks over to me and kiss me on the forehead. "I hope my sister didn't talk your head off".

"I actually spoke to Leila and your mother. She came in on the Skype call when I was asking your sister something embarrassing".

"What embarrassing thing could you be asking my sister?"

"I ask her if I should mention to you if I was a virgin or not".

"I'm shock you're one to be honest but I'm glad some of the things said about you in the newspaper is wrong. It doesn't matter to me if you were one or not. I'm kinda glad I get to be your first though when the time comes".

"Come on lets have a glass of wine".

We get our drinks and sit on the sofa and I put my legs in his lap. The rest of the week went well I didn't have sex with him though.

It's been five months since I started seeing Diego. I'm still learning Italian with a private tutor even though we both speak perfect English. My siblings have met him and Leila has come to visit me couple times.