Purpose

"Life's not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it's about doing, being and becoming"
      -Mike Dooley

I'm bought out my thoughts by Jack one of the borders here.

"Do you need me to take anything else to the table for you?" He ask.

"Just the potatoes please".

I carry the turkey to the table then I look at some of the newbies. I know what a good program this place has and how lucky they were to get to come here. I knew what I want to do when I leave here I want to create a place as good as this but in the charity sector. I am going to fundraise and do whatever I need to, to make it possible. Being here as allowed me to see that sometimes when life is throwing you curveballs and hitting you repeatedly till you can barely stand.  It takes just one person to care about you. To care enough to not give up on you even when you have given up on yourself.

My secretary picks me up from rehab and I ask to be taken to my siblings place before going to my new home. After seeing them I go to see the king and my grandfather and I tell them the truth about my mother. They were furious at my mother and I pleaded with them to let me tell my father the truth.  They kept apologising to me for not seeing what was really going on. I apologise to Debora after seeing them and we had a really good talk. I told her about my mother calling me in rehab to say she planted the bugs. I explained how it was me that planted the first bug in her apartment and ask for her forgiveness.  Some weeks later I then told her the truth about my mother and I mean everything. She cried for the pain I had to endure and not speaking up more at her wedding. We healed our relationship or started one finally I can't decide which it is.

My cousin and uncle insisted I move to a bigger apartment than what I currently had. They told me my mother won't be doing engagements anymore and she had lost her HRH title. I sigh in relief there was no chance of meeting her at large public royal family occasion.

I slept so well that night. The next day I asked my siblings to visit me and I told them everything. Everyone kept apologising to me for not seeing the abuse I was enduring. I really should have open my mouth and tell someone what was going on. Looking back I can't believe I GAVE her that power over me.

Then I thought about it for a moment how do you say to someone I'm being abused when the person doing it makes sure to display love for you in public. Tell false stories about you so you're the bad guy. Literally lie to people in front of you by saying you did something. Or tell them you did something you didn't do and you can't prove the abuser wrong.

Three weeks after I was out of rehab I had meetings with my staff to start a charity for people with substance abuse problems.

By my six week out of rehab I had a business plan and backers. Debbie donated fifty grand of her own money to my charity.

Two months post rehab I was tidying up my bedroom when I see the phone number Lelia gave me. I bite the bullet and call her and after three rings she picks up.

"Hello."

"Hi Lelia I don't know if you remember me it's Victoria from the bathroom".

"Victoria it's lovely to hear from you at last. How was rehab?"

"Exactly what I needed".

"I take it you told someone about your mother and that's why she was "retired" and lost her HRH?"

"I did, I told the king and CP and my siblings but not my dad yet".

"Why not he needs to be told what a monster she is".