The Awful Truth

Life is full of disappointments and I just added you to the list".
                                      -Anonymous

Diego's POV

"Victoria we're not going to the Seychelles instead we're going to Hawaii. We will go to the Seychelles at another time I promise".

"I don't understand you know how much I was looking forward to going".

"Your sister is incredibly jealous of you in fact she has attempted to bad mouth you to your friends.  I've noticed since our engagement was announced she has been behaving differently towards you. She tried to embarrass you on your uncle's wedding day. Do you remember how she didn't dance with you".   I nodded, "You didn't see her facial expression after you danced with the king and she said no to you. I did so did he".

"She's happy for me".

"Can you say that for sure", I watch the love of my life realise sadly she couldn't.

"When we went to my uncle's wedding she said some hurtful things but I assumed it was because she was just tired or something. Why would she be jealous of me she's dating Theo. She even said If they marry she would be a duchess and we will both be lady of the manor".

"The palace spoke to the Danish king as she poses a great rIsk to you. She's being watched by the secret service and Theo and her went on one date years ago. He's actually married to Debbie's doctor friend Susan who he has been with for years. I gather she has a job at a hospital in Denmark and is living in the country permanently now".

"This is ridiculous my sister is not a threat", I felt bad because I knew she was but Victoria didn't want to believe it.

"She's been in contact with your mother and as not mentioned it to anyone. Your mother is a fugitive,  the Danish police have been trying to trace her. By using the return address on the letter she sent you with no luck".

Victoria looks devastated I sit by her and hold her as she begins to weep. "Emma came to my wedding laughed and joked with me. While knowing how much my mother hates me and she was in contract with her all this time".

"The good thing is we don't have to see her in the flesh for years if we don't want to.".

"I can't trust her anymore", I watch the women I love start to panic, "We're in a WhatsApp group together. You should have told me all this before now. I wouldn't have told her where we were going on honeymoon".

I can see fear in her eyes, "Is my mum in the Seychelles wanting for us?"

"I can't be sure as you know some of our security went ahead of us. It was one of them who call just now they suggested we go to plan B. Which meant changing our honeymoon location. A villager recognised your mother's photograph".

"OMG my sister as a phone number for my mother?"

"Yes she clearly does but security is on it. We will never take a step outside of the palace without security remember that. Unfortunately you need to act like everything is normal with your sister. In our bags are new iPhones with all the numbers of our friends and family transferred over to it. We will still have our old phones as well which we will use to just contact her and no one else. That reminds me give me your phone please I need to give it to our head of security to do whatever it is they to do".

She gives me her phone I take it and give it to our head of security then return it to her.

"Let's enjoy our honeymoon Hawaii is suppose to be lovely. How about we go on our baby-moon to the Seychelles".