The Betrayal

I'm not upset you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't trust you".
                   -friedrich Nietzsche

I found out I was pregnant eight months after Diego and I started trying for a baby. I was only four weeks along the only people we told was our parents.

Since one of my best friends Mia Rodriguez had a degree in communication and worked in PR before. I ask her to be my lady-in-waiting and she agreed.

I didn't choose another acquaintance as my second one because the queen made a very important point.
"Someone in their forties or fifties who have done the job before will be a great mentor to you. She can guide you on engagements and train the other two up".

I took her advise and choose a Fifty-three year old glamorous looking woman name Lady Gabriela. Who worked abroad for another royal family and Camila for two years. Lady Gabriella recommenced a thirty year old woman called Elena Ferrari who was lovely and eager to learn. We have all been working together for a month now.

It turns out the queen was right about my workload increasing and she also gave me one of her patronage's.  It was a music charity and I then decided to become patron of ten more.

"Darling how are you feeling?" Ask my gorgeous husband handing me a bowl of freshly wash strawberries.

"Ok, the morning sickness hasn't really kicked in yet".

He kisses my forehead, "I was beginning to wonder if we could get pregnant for a while there".

He rest is forehead on mine.

"I'm pregnant that's all that matters now. I don't think we should wait too long to have the second one".

"Agreed", he walks me over to our bed.

"I can't wait till I hit the three month mark and can tell everyone about the baby".

"Me too darling".

I hit the three month mark and we excitedly tell my friends and the public.

I had an engagement the day my pregnancy was announced. It was a  conference dealing with the safeguarding of children. Lady Gabriela and I exist the car at the entrance to the conference. I greet the chair of the committee and the co-chair.

'Congratulations on your pregnancy your highness she says to me".

"Thank you Mary",  I reply. I'm given flowers by one of the teenagers taking part in the days session.

"Thank you".

I give it to Gabriella then I follow Mary inside and take my seat and the meeting begins. I listen to what everyone has to says. I turn to the teenager who just finish speaking, "You went to school did anyone pick up on what was happening at home with you?"

"No your highness not in elementary or any other stage of my schooling. Until I hit upper school(high school) my father always had an excuse for why I had bruises.  When a teacher finally noticed something was wrong I stood in the office internally screaming for her to help me. I knew because my dad was talking to the teacher I would be punished severely when we got home". She takes a breathe and collects herself, "One day that same teacher bought me lunch and she kept buying me lunch.  I knew she wanted me to tell her what was happening at home. I couldn't, the fear of the punishment if I talk was too great. Three months after she started buying me lunch she said."You look so thin I know you're suffering I saw you steal a sandwich months ago. Do they starve you?" I just sat there saying nothing,