Power

-Instinct is a marvellous thing. It can neither be explained or ignored".
                         -Agatha Christie

⚠️this chapters deals with past DV⚠️

"No you don't have power like that you will never have power like that. You're lying this country's royals don't rule the country".

I shake my head at her, "To think I use to fear you and tremble when I saw you. Look at you now no title, husband and your reputation in tatters".

I turn to my sister who was now conscious, "What did I ever do to you that you would commit the murder of a child just to cause me pain".

She stares at me with such hatred I truly wonder in that moment who was this stranger. "Dad loved you more than me  and every time you got in trouble he pays you more attention. Mum was always bragging about you to people. I was perfect I did everything I should and I was just good old reliable Emma.  Why do you get forgiveness. What did you do to get forgiveness Victoria?  The people on social media loves you.  This country's people adore you. Denmark is proud their princess will be a queen what about me ha, what about me!"

She was shouting now, "Our cousin comes to Denmark and wouldn't you know it she ends up really liking you. Her best friend Susan is married to Theo. That full black Countess bitch will be a Duchess over me. I was the toast of the Danish monarchy and that changed when Saint Debora arrived. But I thought at least I'm not as bad as my egotistical and messed up sister. You were supposed to stay a junkie. I'm suppose to look down on you and laugh at you with the rest of the world. I wish mum had slapped you harder in the bathroom at that black bitch's wedding. You don't know how many times I've watched her punch and slapped you over the years".

I gasped, "You knew I was being abused and said nothing how could you?"

"It was easy a broken bird is easier to control yet somehow you got stronger and flew the coop. Turning into a beautiful swan you couldn't even do brokenness right.  I'm happy that I got some money for selling the picture of you taking coke".

I was determined to not cry in front of them no matter how much I was hurting, "You hate me that much?"

She smiles, "I don't hate you I despite you. If daddy had told me which rehab you went to I would have paid one of the junkies to poison you. You have my life and you don't deserve it".

"You're right I don't deserve it but guess what I'm grateful and thankful for it. You know why because I've learnt and grown and have no problems owning my mistakes. I've evolved enough to know as of right now I deserve my happiness and my happy ending.  You saw me as having daddy's love and that woman you call a mother favour. It's funny to me you were the perfect child", I began to laugh bitterly. "We both ended up thinking the other was the real favourite child. You could've been happy for me look at William he bares no ill will towards me".

"William is a fool the Danish king has his two heirs he's not needed".

"You're wrong William is needed just as much as daddy. You'll be gone and Debora's children are too young to do engagements. William is important to the monarchy why do you think the king has made him patron of so many organisations. Did he tell you he's been made a member of the order".

"You're lying he's not that important".

I knew what plans Debora and my uncle have for William and I was happy for him. It was to show him that he and his wife (when he get one) was important to the house of Jensen. I couldn't tell him the plans till my uncle tells him what he had planned for him. As a Crown Princess I was told the news and told to keep quiet about it.

I look Emma straight in the eyes, "You never realise that status doesn't really matter if you don't love yourself dfirst.  You're not jealous of me you hate yourself. Our mother use your lack of self- esteem against you and manipulated you into killing our father. Dad has always been on your side I mean he loves you and showers you with  love".

I see regret in her face before she stares at me with hatred once more.

"Speaking of daddy dearest why is he alive?"

"Did you really think we wouldn't think you would plan something. We just didn't know what you would do.  When you took Sophia we knew it was murder you had planned.  By the way Sophia's nanny is security trained. She's looking after a future queen after all. You just had to monologue to her which worked in our favour as we wanted it to".

"It's impossible you knew my plan impossible", Emma looked somewhat deranged.

"Daniel", Emma's looks shock at seeing the dark hair man walking towards them in handcuffs with a policeman behind him.

"Come on now we knew you had a mole in the palace. Didn't you think it odd when Daniel called you telling you my in-laws didn't know where my child was".

"Not really you're an idiot they must be dumb to let you in to their family. How did you know he called me?"

"Sophia's bodyguards".

"You couldn't even trust me", I look at Emma as if she was speaking another language.

"If I did daddy and my daughter would be dead now. Daddy's wearing a bulletproof vest by the way".

She lunges for me and my bodyguards steps in front of me.

"If I were you I would save my energy for begging the royal family to spare my life or at least make my death quick".

I look around me at the crowd watching the scenario unfolding in front of them. I see Antonio holdimg Sophia with his family looking on. He smiles at me and mouths he's proud of me.

I look at my mother unlike my sister she had no fight left in her. She was staring at my father. I knew the thing that mattered most to her was her reputation and her status. It's ironic she has gained a reputation that no one would want.
Now she can't even say her perfect daughter is a princess. My uncle will take her HRH from her as soon as this day is over.  The worlds' camera were trained on Anette yet she will never be able to use the media to her advantage again.

I knew both her and Emma would be executed. There was a part of me that was extremely sad about this. I desperately wanted to be wrong about my sister. I didn't want to believe what I was feeling when we spoke and when Diego told me about her on the plane to the Seychelles. When the secret police told me my sister and my mother were spotted together days ago in Sardinia.  I had no choice but to believe that she would harm me or my child given the chance. I could no longer hope Emma could be rehabilitated. She told our father she was on holiday in Greece and would meet him at my home.

The king walks up to me, "You'll make a fine queen one day".

"Thank you your majesty".

"Are you sure you want them in the church?"

"Diego", he comes over with our daughter. I take her from him. "Make sure they can't escape but I want them to see my happiness and see a future queen's baptism. It's not about me anymore it's about the monarchy showing the world we are strong. I'm definitely sure I want them in the church for the baptism".

We all make our way into the church as the crowd starts applauding us.  The church was decorated beautifully there were white roses everywhere.

Debora and Antonio join us at the altar as they were godparents. The  ceremony starts and I don't look at my sister or mother once. When the ceremony was over the police took them out of the church first. I heard the crowd booing them.

When we were given the all clear we step out the church to rapturous applause. We pose for pictures before returning to the palace for a party. We had guest and although there was chaos only hours before. As the king said, "We don't show weakness to the world or our guest." Antonio told me that too when I was talking to him about Emma's betrayal after my honeymoon.

I love that quote, "You run the day or the day runs you".