The Blackmail

Whatever pass you came from you don't have to go back".
                                              -Chanel Miller

The next day I meet the head of the Catholic Church for the country to talk about my conversion. Then I had a meeting with the head of the royal household to learn who the managers are in the palace.

I knew my wedding would be taking place in the grand cathedral. So I had a private tour of it with Leila while Diego was doing engagements that afternoon. We all ate dinner together and talk turns to the wedding,

"Do you know what kind of flowers you want yet for the wedding Victoria?"

"I'm not sure I mean I love sunflowers but I'm happy to go for whatever is in season Camila. It's not like I can walk down the isle with millions watching me carrying sunflowers".

"We could incorporate it into the reception like your cake can be yellow icing or you can have sunflower bouquets on each table".

"OMG I love that idea Leila. Diego are we having a wedding planner or will the palace staff coordinate our wedding?"

"I think a wedding planner is a good idea it leaves the palace staff to deal with the dignitaries that's coming".

"So there's people we have to invite?"

"Yes other senior royals and some presidents and sheikhs".

Blooming heck I think to myself I'm a senior royal well soon to be anyway. I've gone from third tier to senior royal wow!
After dinner I message my family back in Denmark. Then check Twitter and Instagram I was trending. There were people running polls on whether I should be queen or not with my past. There were people in Denmark arguing with people in Sardinia that I had changed. The people in Sardinia didn't want a tainted princess.

I look on some newspaper sites in my new country a lot of the headlines were about the royal wedding. It was the first big one for over thirty years. Reading about the wedding of the future king in an article still seems weird to me. I guess because Diego and I got to date with just our family knowing. He was always just Diego to me.

It was the day of my Italian engagement party and there was a urgent matter to deal with. My mother sent a letter to the palace. Not for me but for the king and queen.

"She writes, you will bring down the monarchy, can never be a role model and my absolute favourite part. You was so high on different drugs one time she feared you may die".   I look look horrifiedly at the king and queen.  "Here read this honey".

The king takes the letter from his wife and begins to read,  "When I gave birth to her I expected nothing to come of her. Her sister would make me the mother of a queen. Now I have no title and my old friends pity me or hate me. Then unlike the Danish king's ex- wife who got millions in her divorce settlement I got nothing in mine. Now to add insult to my misery the king has remarry his ex-wife. That black bitch and her daughter will both be queens of Denmark. It's sickening to see how in love Alexsander is with Irene and she with him. I hear my ex is dating someone else now. I know this information because I'm sleeping with one of my soon to be late husband guards.

I need money unless you pay me to keep quiet. I'll not stop going to your media and bad mouthing my daughter to stir the people up against her. I regret not being more racist to Debora's mother before she divorced the king. I regret sucking up to Debora to secure William and Emma's future. The funny thing is I don't regret my behaviour towards Victoria. A crown doesn't change who she is, a nobody".