Cathartic

In order to love who you're, you cannot hate the experiences that shape you."
              -Andrea Dyskra

"You're right have I told you how much I love you today?" I ask him.

"You did but I would love to hear it again".

"We're going to be alright aren't we and I love you?"

"Yes we will be as the saying goes this too shall pass because my daughter and wife are alive. I can't feel sadness for the two people killed. If that makes me sound cruel I don't really care. I'm not mourning you or my daughter right now and that at the end of the day is the most important thing to me".

I hug him tightly, "I'm happy me and Sophia are still here too. As well as dad".

The next day we all go to the beauty salon. Diego had a haircut while Laila and I had pedicures and manicures. I dye my hair brunette and Laila had layers put in her hers.

Since it was a very upmarket salon massages were available. We all had one then we went for a bite to eat afterwards. We all share a large meat pizza. As I sat in the private dining room with my family I count my blessing. I was alive and thriving.

We arrive home around 2p.m then we all separated and start catching up on work.  I checked in with my charities.

Several days later I found out what fishing meant it was actually going fishing. The queen and Laila did have a fishing rod and all the equipment to fish. We spent about an hour at the fishing pond before leaving the staff to do the fishing for us.

Camila, Laila and I actually spent time talking. We went over what happened the previous two weeks.Then we went shopping for an hour. We went back to see if the staff had caught any fish and luckily for us they did. We spent another two hours fishing before going back home. I never knew it was so relaxing.

We walked in with shopping bags, "How was "fishing?"  Ask the king with air quotes. "I see from your shopping bags you fished out some nice bargains".

I was going to answer the king and say we actually did fish but the queen as if sensing what I was about to do shakes her head at me. I change the subject, "How has Sophia been while we were gone?"

"She was good as gold since she loves spending time with her daddy and grandpa", answers Diego.

"We have one more full day before we need to leave and get back to the palace".

The king's words made me somewhat anxious. It was wonderful to be in our little bubble here in the country. Unfortunately from Monday it was back to the day job.

It was now Sunday afternoon I have to admit I was nervous for tomorrow. I take a deep breathe to calm myself down. I look at a childhood photo of me with my siblings.

Seeing Emma, William and I so happy while holding ice creams and making silly faces really makes me feel down in the dumps. Then it hits me my sister is dead and I will never take a photo with her again. I sobbed and sobbed till there were no tears left to cry. I thought of my mother and never seeing her again for real this time. Since she was no longer alive. I would've been lying if I said there wasn't a tiny bit of sadness there. When I lived in Denmark I had pure hatred for her but yet a small part of me always hoped she would change.

I walk into my bathroom and looked at my tear stained face. I reached for some makeup to put under my puffy eyes. I wanted to hide the puffiness from Diego. I took my hand back from my makeup bag and look at my reflection again. I smile there would be no makeup covering up something I feel I should hide. I got a flashback to that bathroom after my mother hit me and her telling me to fix my face.