The Monster

You never know how strong you're until being strong is your only choice
Bob Morley

⚠️This chapter has someone being punched in it⚠️

It's my twenty birthday today I woke up, have a shower, brush my teeth and decide to wear jeans and a sweater since the weather was getting a bit colder now.  I'm having a birthday party today loads of people will be there. By that I mean a lot of mum's friends who have kids my age that I see from time to time.

Oscar and my other friends aren't coming to my party after what he said to Debora.  My mother decided he wouldn't be invited.  The rest of his family aren't coming either especially since his father does ceremonial duties with the king, I know we are considered too low brow for them at least that's what my mother tells me.

There were birthday cards and gifts on the dining room table. I open the gift from my dad first it was a gift certificate to a private writing course held by a very famous author. I got jewellery from my sister and a book series I've been wanting to read from William. Grandpa gave me driving lessons and my uncle a Range Rover. Debora gave me a check for the charity I want to start.

I eat breakfast alone then I go on three engagements and when I finish my engagements I grab a McDonald's. I order a chicken burger meal and some chicken select. I also payed for whatever my driver and bodyguard wanted. When I arrive home I see a happy birthday banner and balloons in my apartment. I sent Emma a thank you text she tells me it was Debora's idea not hers.

The party went well except I didn't socialise with most of the young people there. It's while I'm cutting my cake and looking around the room I realise I wasn't good friends with anyone in it. Apart from my family I could only name three people I had a conversation with before today who was my age at my party.

I ask mum to set me up with one of her friends son she said no. I'm patron of a dyslexic charity now. I'm glad I listen to my cousin and stop being ashamed of having a condition that I can't control.

A year as passed and I turned down the chance to go to university.  I'm just not in the right head space for it right now. My life consists of engagements and drugs.

Another year as pass yes even more time deal with it. When you have no friends you tend not to go a lot of places unless you have to. My social life is boring Oscar is clean and sober and is staying well away from me.

My mother is still talking my ear off about Debora.  It's funny she's a loving mother in public to me but the opposite behind close doors.

I'm twenty-three soon and have nothing good going on in my life so I ask mum once again to set me up with one of her friend's son. She replies no and once again drugs are my new best friend.

I look at the date on my phone after switching off the alarm is that year right. How is it 2024 already wow time goes by quickly when you don't care and drugs is your best friend.

It's my cousin wedding day I want to be happy for her really I do. The wedding itself was beautiful the reception was too until it all went a bit Pete Tong(pear shaped) as Debora would say.

My mother tried to con my cousin to get a title for my brother when he marries. I mean when my father dies he gets his dukedom so I don't see what the problem is.

Debora complimented my other siblings hard work ethics but not mine. I felt like crap until a tall handsome guy with green eyes and black hair asked me to dance.  I accepted only to have my mother step in saying she needed to see me urgently.